The Revenant Movie

kilowatt

Well I went and watched this movie today and wish they had chosen a different actor to play the part, but that is another story.

This film was good and has already won some award I just seen in todays paper. Most likely it will be up for an Oscar of sorts, it was good and I had heard of the person before as he was a guide with Jim Bridger back in the 1820-30's in Montana and Dakota's.

The movie ran for 2Hr 45Minutes.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

It's a good show. Fun. I have trouble with movies (based on actual events or true stories) that contain things that are nowhere close to believable. Some of the things he overcame were silly. He could build a fire anywhere! Heck, with a foot of snow on everything, I have a hard time building a fire using a 15 minute emergency flare.
You gotta see it though. Then poke fun at it.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

>He could
>build a fire anywhere! Heck,
>with a foot of snow
>on everything, I have a
>hard time building a fire
>using a 15 minute emergency
>flare.

>
>Brian Latturner
>MonsterMuleys.com
>LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

I fancy myself as quite a fire starter..... I use a propane torch! hahahahahaha

Zeke

Sometimes reality is more difficult to believe than fiction:

http://www.cowboysindians.com/2015/11/the-epic-true-tale-of-hugh-glass/

I think this re-telling embellishes things a little, but it stays pretty close to the original history. Can't wait to see the film.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

It was definitely worth watching...even though not historically correct...had some beautiful scenery....

Founder, I have the same mental tick. Somethings like that just drive me crazy enough that it can really bug me through the whole movie. I just saw a show a couple weeks ago on netflix, can't even remember the name. They were hunting deer in the upper northwest. The hunter was packing a double barrel shot gun and was stalking a big red stag. It was already a lame show, but I had to turn it off.

The starting of the fire would of been a 2 1/2 hr show by it self. But gun powder does light good.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Like I told some one else;
It's a hollywood movie, not a time machine.
It is a LOT more realistic than Star Wars or X-men.

Very watchable, brutal survival movie.
Besides, I'm going to tell the guys at work, "that's what it's like when I go elk hunting".

Worth seeing for sure. Some glaring stuff like croaking frogs and very rutty elk in the middle of winter seemed out of place. The cgi animals were pretty bad...the bear cubs, elk swimming and the buffalo. Weird looking. I'd guess most wouldn't notice or couldn't care.

with all the time he spent soaking wet, hard to believe he wouldn't have died from hypothermia, not to mention infection from the wounds, and starvation.

movie was ok, wouldn't pay to see it again.

I thought it was good overall. CGI of the wolves killing the Bison was poor, but the CGI of the bear attack was pretty impressive. Acting and scenery were both good.......elk bugling in the winter was weird. Actors that don't know how to sit a horse and ride, portraying guys that spent their lives on horses, always bothers me.

Glad y'all had some of the same issues as me - I was beginning to feel like a cranky old nitpicker. :)

Frankly, I was disappointed by the movie. It was over 2.5 hours long and seemed much longer. Some of the scenes were tedious. I get it that he has a long way to walk, but do we need to see him walk all the way across the snow field. Also, how is it that those old-timers were immune to hypothermia, being able to spend what appear to be hours at a time in ice-filled water with no ill effects (like dying). While the filming in general was technically excellent, there were far too many close-ups of filthy disfigured faces IMO.
My wife liked it and said it reminded her of an ?art film? due to the long periods without any dialogue. In the end I think it could have been made to be much more interesting.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Guys it a massive Hollywood production, it's not going to accurately be based on history. All they care about is selling and making money through entertainment.

That said, the movie was amazing, the bear attack scene was phenomenal, the director did great work, story was solid, excellent acting.

One of the best movies of 2015 by a long shot.

I finally saw it on "$5 Tuesday" night.

The movie was well done and I thought the time went quickly.

Even though it wasn't historically accurate, it did depict the struggles, betrayals and wildness of the era.

I enjoyed it since my approach was to attend for entertainment value with the wife, a daughter and her husband. Mission accomplished.

Like someone said above, "way more realistic than Star Wars".!!!!

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom