The Squeeky Wheel...

sageadvice

Long Time Member
...Gets The Grease!!! Sometimes :)

I have sent many memo's to various Fish and Game officials thru the years but the results recently have restored a modicum of faith in some of their programs.

7/19/10
"Hello, I'm very much looking forward to once again seeing all the kids fishing the feather river here in the town of Chester, Ca. Historically, many neighborhood kids during summertime, flock to the river to catch the trout stocked through your program. Since the planting of the river has been "detained" the kids no longer seem to be fishing and are otherwise seen hanging about and possibly being up to no good.

Please place a priority on quickly re-establishing the important trout stocking program in the North Fork of the Feather in downtown Chester and the usual spots up stream! The good this program does not only makes for happy return campers, you can also see the delight in those young local fisherman's faces as they proudly march back home with the makings of that nights dinner on their highly held stringer!!"

Respectfully,
Joey Cardoza
AKA; Sageadvice
Chester, Ca."

This reply message was quickly returned.

"Hi Joey Cardoza!

I have asked the district biologist to answer your questions about stocking of the river.

Due to a lawsuit filed against the Department of Fish and Game (DFG) and its stocking procedures a subsequent environmental impact report was completed (Jan 2010) that mandates DFG survey all of the waters that are stocked with trout for any possible negative impacts to a long list of species of concern.

Thank you for your patience. If you do not hear from the biologist by Friday, please contact me again.

Judy

Judy Urrutia
Senior Hatchery Supervisor
Hatchery Operations Coordinator
Fisheries Branch
830 S Street
Sacramento, California 95814
916-445-3462 (voice)
916-327-8854 (fax)
916-616-1263 (cell)"

Sounds promising? Then after a bit more delay than i expected, this came...

"8/23/10
"Hello Joey,

I apologize for the delay in response. The NFFR Chester was finally approved and is due to be stocked this week. I hope things are going well over there and the kids of Chester can return to fishing! Thank you for your patience.

Amber

Amber S. Rossi
District Fisheries Biologist: Plumas/Sierra County
California Department of Fish and Game
P.O. Box 419
Quincy, CA 95971
Phone (530) 283-6864
Cell (530) 520-4753
Fax (530) 283-2938
[email protected] "

It may just have been that they were finally getting around to our area anyway but the end result is what really matters. Thank You F&G!!

Joey

Amber....ummmm Amber! every girl I know named Amber was hot!!!
good job slayer of mini stinkys..(referring to antelope of no particular size and not ELK!).
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Good job Joey. Now that you got fish stocked in the river, can you write someone a letter asking them to drop the "Thermal Curtain" idea for Lake Almanor. If you get that done I think you should run for Govenor...you da man.

Please give us ignorant people a little more info on the "Thermal Curtain" idea for the lake!
Thanks!

Great job Joey! Better start off your political career with county supervisor!

Thanks Larry!! I actually got burned out in my efforts to re-establish a hunting season here in Kali for Mt. Lions. Countless letters. long threads, many phone calls, all to no real positive avail. I thought this cause, trout back in our river, a good one that was probably going to eventually happen anyway, as a battle worth choosing. :)

The Thermal Curtain campaign has it's drum beaters already, it's way above any influence or words i may get to someones ear.

Nick, there is a plan to draw cold water from the depths of Lake Almanor in order to have a continuing and constant supply of acceptable fish/trout habitat in the Feather river down stream to Lake Orville. Seems like a plan but studies show that if Almanor is drawn down far enough, with it's coldest water, as would be needed, it would no longer be the draw and home of some of the best trophy trout fishing in Kali. Almanor is basically a shallow water lake, a meadow that was damned up. My thoughts are, why kill off one place used by thousands every day, here at the Lake, to possibly restore/enhance a long gone fishery that would only be used by a few. It's a good cause, but the cost is just too high and not acceptable! This has been going on for some time now and may end up in court.

Joey

Good job, Joey. F & G did a good thing for the kids. That is promising!

RACK- After some deliberation......I have never met an Amber that wasn't hot....except for my niece Amber....she doesn't count cuz I don't know if she's hot or not.....not even gonna go there!

Steve
T&A Inspector

Outstanding job Sage!! My four boys are a few of the youngsters you see hangin over the first street bridge with fishing poles in hand. Now about Mt LION hunting being closed,first Ive ever heard of it? Thought it was over the counter... OPPS! never mind. BH1

Buckhunter1 said, "My four boys are a few of the youngsters you see hangin over the first street bridge with fishing poles in hand."

Small world! I happen to own 175' of the river property from the middle of the river at the bridge on down, left/north side from that First Ave Bridge. Where the foot path is? That's all mine, love to build on it some day...

I caught my first big brown right off that same property back almost 50 years ago. I'm all about seeing the kids fish and especially, catch fish...makes my day!

Thanks Joey.
Also great job on the antelope.
As for the thermal curtain idea,I think it's a joke. Was there ever a thermal curtain before they put the dam in? No, the river ran through the meadow and probably got warmer and lower as summer progressed.These environmentalists come up with some crazy stuff. Get rid of the deer and elk off Santa Rosa island,not native, don't touch the non native wild horses, and the list goes on and on.
Sorry had to vent a little. Again good job in writing those letters and it's good to hear that the stocking program is back on.

Judy, worked in Lake Isabella area, where I live. She is great to work with. I was invloved in the fish & game habitate club.She will go to bat for you. But she has only so much power, you know how that works. Mike

they must have finished the frog survey they had to do,,,, they all the sudden just re started stocking a few places down here that they have traditionally always stocked ,,,, as i recall it was something to do with the enviro whacko's and a red legged frog? or some such thing ,,,,,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom