The toads came out of the woodwork.

B

bullwidgeon

Spent the last 2 days down South helping friends. Today the Hawgs came out, swelled necks and all, and chased does ALL DAY. We made a play on a 100-105 class deer(second biggest deer of the morning, but most accessible) and the hunter coulda, shoulda and woulda but the brush was too thick. We snapped some photos through the Leica lens from a distance, if they come out, I will try to post some. Yesterday we saw tons of deer(4 glassers saw 70 plus different deer) and only a little rut activity by smaller bucks(75-90 inchers), today the Gorillas came out for a piece and never stopped. It is funny how the rut changes from day to day down there. The 36 units are alive and well and the hogs are still there. I love watching the toads when they come out for the rut! I need a digital video camera so I can go tape and post some of this killer action. Hopefully I can get one before the rut is done down there.

Bret Mattausch

You said that was the 2nd biggest of the day....how big was the biggest?
Josh

The next class up, 105-110. It would have probably grossed out typical over book, but not netted that much. Hard to tell until you get them on the ground. A toad either way. I like them big 3 pointers with eyegaurds ;-)!!!
Bret M.

Brett, I would love to see the video or some pictures. I doubt I can get away, but if the wife wants to shop, then maybe sunday I will go take a peak down there. Look forward to the video... Allen Taylor......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom