The Truth About the one Shot….

elks96

Long Time Member
https://county10.com/talk-in-the-10-we-are-the-one-shot-antelope-hunt/

The rebuttal to my opinion piece hit the local news today.

I can’t fathom the mental gymnastics they go through to say that the 80 tags don’t represent public opportunity lost. I also like how they try and counter the claim that it is not about wealthy or those connected, yet they constantly brag about the celebrities and notoriety and influence…

Lastly they try to dismiss the NR issues… Yet as of 2018 almost 90% of the tags were given to NR.

Again there is nothing wrong with the water for wildlife foundation. They do good work, but at the cost of everyone…

https://county10.com/talk-in-the-10-we-are-the-one-shot-antelope-hunt/

Last edited:
The part that really bothers me is that they "voluntarily" gave up the tags.

That's pure crap, the statute states that if tag cuts and/or pronghorn populations are down in those areas they hunt (some of the best in the State), that the COMMISSION will reduce those tags.

That needs to change, the one shot hunt should have ZERO say in how many tags are cut, that should 100% fall on the commission every single year. The statue is clear, its says the commission will make those decisions, not what the one shot "feels" they should cut.

Their diversity statement is garbage as well, up until a couple years ago, they absolutely excluded women and I was told, to my face by Carl Asbell, that the one shot would, "never allow women to participate". @jm77 was there when he said it too.

That's a pretty lame response short on facts.

Water for wildlife is fine, I just hope they've made adjustments to where the projects are funded as I don't particularly like MY WYOMING WILDLIFE funding water projects in Texas, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, or South Africa (that happened).

Let those other states give away their wildlife for their water projects.

Last edited:
I've seen the spread sheet and several individuals have had tags yearly for over a decade.

One Shot has never been too good at the truth.
I love how the claimed it was a myth that many NR get tags consecutive years. But nothing they state immediately following that proves the point…

It also does not discredit the idea that the overwhelming majority of hunters are wealthy nonresidents…

I am working on a nice response to the post that hits all the points…

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom