The United States of East Germany

Pulling over out of state plates........you don't see that as probable cause?

Never mind me, I'm a russian bot deployed to inflame America. Easiest job ever.

10th Amendment

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

Pretty reasonable for them to "remind" those fleeing the outbreak to self quarantine so they are not the patient ZERO of another spread. Would you greet them with open arms in your neighborhood? What if they had leprosy? Give them a hug and invite for dinner?

Makes me wonder; what if they get to the point to where they test everyone and anyone who tests positive is transferred to a "special facility" for the quarantine period of 14 days to see if the virus runs it's course and expires before letting you back out into the general population again?

Even if you have it and are non-symptomatic, will the virus eventually die off from your own immune system, or will carrying viable virus be something you have for the rest of your life until the magic orange juice is given to kill it?

At what point and time are people going to say "this is stupid" and get on with their (our) lives...?

That time is now. Here at work with the state shut down and will be here tomorrow. The bear can only stand so much poking.

This is the My Neighboring County Attorney's advice he posted on his FB Page:

Austin Knudsen
March 27 at 2:49 PM ·

Roosevelt County citizens: county leaders have received many questions regarding the Governor's latest "Stay at Home Directive." While it is true that we are facing a public health emergency the likes of which we have not seen in over 100 years, I remind you that the Montana and U.S. Constitutions are still in place. You do not need a letter stating that you are an "essential employee" to excuse you for traveling. Law enforcement still needs particularized suspicion that a crime has occurred before they can stop you.

What we do ask is that county residents exercise some Montana COMMON SENSE. Wash your hands. Cover your mouth. Don't congregate. Don't travel unnecessarily. Keep an eye on the elderly in our communities. Support your local businesses, which may be struggling at this time. Basically, be a decent neighbor.

A lot of confusion with stay at home mandates and what they really mean. Travel and shop only for the essentials yet take out is available from restaurants. Dining out usually is a luxury, not a necessity. Hardware stores are open to address plumbing problems or water leaks, yet the home garden and lawn departments are full open.

So, when law enforcement stops and asks if you are traveling for essential items or reasons, what do you say...?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom