The wait begins/When will results be out?

Tell you what...i dont draw a decent hunt with 14 pts this year for deer, i will be putting in for low end hunts and be done with this state.

Tell you what...i dont draw a decent hunt with 14 pts this year for deer, i will be putting in for low end hunts and be done with this state.

Agreed!! The point game is a failure in general.... and WA is worse off than most states. A youth just starting out, or a new hunter, is at a huge disadvantage

So several of the well known hunting magazines usually have a state-by-state summary or rundown of the western states hunt opportunities, quality, etc. I read one of these articles last year, and when it came to Washington, the article simply said for non-residents, WA is not really worth considering, given the price for non-resident tags, hunt opportunity, and hunt quality. That being said, I try to make the most out of the opportunities that do exist here....unlimited general season tags. Gotta play the cards you are dealt.

Agreed!! The point game is a failure in general.... and WA is worse off than most states. A youth just starting out, or a new hunter, is at a huge disadvantage
there are far worse states. States that allocate tags to max point holders are the worse. Example UT being new to that system is a joke and most guys simply dont apply again once they draw cause its not worth it. The best point system is a no point system

Utah gives a person with a pt or two a 1 to 5 percent chance to draw until he has max pts. 40 pts would guve you those odds for a top tier hunt this year in WA.

Im just glad I listened to ppl years back and put in for lots of states=lots of chances (with poor odds).

Oregon is by far the worst BTW. Expense for pts+% going to the random draw+% to non residents+what they call quality+what they call management. I have given Oregon alot of money over the years and look forward to being done. I cant walk away from my 13 elk pts there is all.

I walked away from Oregon years ago, when they increased the license fee. Cost x quality x draw odds = not worth it.
2% nonres. antelope quota, a bad joke.

Utah is not as good as some states. Still have a chance. They sell way to many tags to those with the most money.
I've drawn two good elk tags there. And only one in Wash., over the same time.
Wyoming is a preference point state and still as a random draw. Drawn more tags in Wyoming than anywhere.
Bottom line for me is to apply for as much as I can.
Over a long time it pays off.

there are far worse states. States that allocate tags to max point holders are the worse. Example UT being new to that system is a joke and most guys simply dont apply again once they draw cause its not worth it. The best point system is a no point system
I disagree partially...I have drawn several Utah tags with only a handful of points. An antelope and two deer tags......and all were of higher quality than most hunts in WA. Washington's system is better than some states....but the management of wildlife, in general, is worse than most.
However, I agree that a no-point system is the best system.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom