The Weather in Australia

TripleK

Long Time Member
I thought this was funny! My friend in Australia (the Kiwi0810 who beats Roy at his own trvia game every day) is complaining about the "cold" weather. LOL She does live in the tropics of Northern Aus (Darwin) and it was cooler here this morning and I'm complaining about it being too hot. (I like the 50 and 60 degree temps...not a summer girl at all)

Don't laugh but I want to b*tch about the weather m
June 20 2007 at 6:26 AM
Donna (Login kiwi0810)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's COLD. Bloody cold.
In fact today is the coldest June day EVER recorded in the Top End with a maximum of 22 C/71F. I've been wearing a cardigan AND a jacket and outside was actually cooler than inside when I left work today!!! People have been pulling out beanies and mittens. In the tropics. There is NO WAY I would use my spa today. I could hardly drag myself out from under the hot shower today.
There is a massive cloud band all across Northern Australia and the weather from down south is also cool hence the big drop.
Well, it is good for my little garden and will give the Asian greens I planted out a few days ago more chance of establishing well.

For crying out loud, it is winter in Aussie after all. Does your friend live on Fanny Bay by any chance. <smile>

46797e59200f31f7.jpg

RUS

I can't believe they have a place called "Fannie Bay". AFterall...in Austraila a "fanny" is not someone's butt. A woman's "fanny" is on the opposite side of her "bum" (they don't say butt, either).

And yeah...it IS winter over there, but a jacket, beanies and mittens for 71 degree temps? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Too funny. She'd never make it here.

Reminds me of the people in Miami. I lived there for two years and I can remember one night when I thought "Hmmmm, it might be nice to have a jacket on right now." Didn't need it though. That was also the same week as the "Storm of The Century" - that was made famous by the movie "The Perfect Storm". It got down to 40F for about 5 hours. The next day it was 93F.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-07 AT 04:12PM (MST)[p]>I can't believe they have a
>place called "Fannie Bay".
>AFterall...in Austraila a "fanny" is
>not someone's butt. A
>woman's "fanny" is on the
>opposite side of her "bum"
>(they don't say butt, either).
>
>
>And yeah...it IS winter over there,
>but a jacket, beanies and
>mittens for 71 degree temps?
> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Too
>funny. She'd never make
>it here.

Wow someone that knows AUD lingo. My wife is from there and I always tell her I like her Fannie, both of them.

LET ME SEE IF I CAN SPLAIN IT???

WE'RE HALF A WORLD AWAY RIGHT???

SO I GUESS WHEN YOU MOVE HALF WAY AROUND THE WORLD!!!

WHAT USED TO BE UP IS NOW DOWN???

NOW THE FRONT IS THE BACK???

I THINK H-MAN IS ON THE RIGHT TRACK!!!

YOU HEAR THAT JACKMASTER???

WOMEN HAVE TWO FANNIES!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom