There goes our deer season

eelgrass

Long Time Member
"The closure orders will facilitate unimpeded ingress and egress for fire and other emergency responders while decreasing exposure to fire and smoke related issues for members of the general public. The orders prohibit the public from going into or being within the Monument or McFarland Fire closure areas or on any National Forest System road or trail within the areas. The orders, maps, and area descriptions can be found on the Shasta-Trinity National Forest website www.fs.usda.gov/stnf/ or at www.inciweb.nwcg.gov.

"Both orders went into effect on August 7, 2021 and will expire on October 31, 2021."

Well, hopefully they won't go wholesale on the closures like last year "All forests closed--have a nice day!"

I leave this Friday for a CA hunt that is nearly entirely USFS land. I'm checking twice a day to see if there are any new fires or closures.

I leave this Friday for a CA hunt that is nearly entirely USFS land. I'm checking twice a day to see if there are any new fires or closures.
Lots of USFS land that is not closed, obviously that all depends on the tag you have

Well... loks like a bit more closed now from what I hear...
Screenshot_20210810-185857_Instagram.jpg

Before all is said and done, they will close more. However, they haven't gone wholesale like last year where they closed all forests, which was ridiculous and lazy by taking the Gavin Newsom route.

If they choose that again, we need to hammer them like we did last year.

Marbles too? Listen, do what you need to do, but don't eff with my hunting season! Anti-hunting, commie, good-fer-nuthin', so-and-so's...
Haven’t seen anything to verify the Marbles yet though.
I hate to say it but I have a feeling there might be a few more closures before it’s all over.

What a shame it is when guys like us, true Deer hunters are more worried about a dumb ass Deer and or hunting season and Forest closures and on and on, when people are losing everything they worked their whole lives for and unfortunately some people are losing loved ones and Firefighters are risking life and limb to fight these fires with no help from a State that would rather let water flow to the ocean and watch the state burn to the ground before it admits it's policies are the dumbest sh.. in any state, and these people can actually sleep at night with their decisions .Makes me sick and sad that this will go down as one of the worst fire years ever, but all could have been avoided with just a little common sense. Again no one loves to hunt Deer more than me , but let's all take a step back here and really look at what's really at stake like people's lives.!!!!!

My in laws got evacuated last night above Jackson as the fire is working towards Hwy 88. Looks like D3-D5 is going up in smoke right now. God help us all everything is on fire

Just outside Lake Isabela. Took off late yesterday, sounded like they got a few tanker drops in before turbulence ran them out. Hopefully they had success last night , because this has major potential.
Yeah we are getting hammered from all the smoke from that fire.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom