There is no doubt!!!

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
She's pregnant!!!!!

I got my male GSP out of desperation. I had an old GWP (12) and the female GWP I got was gun shy. I needed another dog!!

A friend had a litter of GSPers on the way. I committed to one. They had 6 males. DAMN!!!! I thought since I had committed, I would go ahead and get one and have him "fixed" young.

I took him to the local vet @ 4 months and he told me he wouldn't do it that young, bring him back in 3 more months. I got busy and 3 1/2 months later I began hunting him on chukar (2009).

After 3 hunts I told myself that I had to have a pup out of him thus the testicle removal was forgotten. We had 2 fantastic years together (102 and 135 chukar respectively, not including approx. 100 quail). Then I bought the female. High dollar dog (Sequoia Kennels).

She turned out pretty good too. Retrieved out of freezing water @ 6 months, a little timid as a youngster but loves to hunt and has more staminia than him, smaller too.

When she was 2 1/2 it was time to get that pup I wanted. NOPE!!! She was too timid, wouldn't stand for him.

Took almost another year for her to come into heat again. Same thing. My wife and I tried to physically get them to hook up several times, nothing!!! I decided I would have her artificially inseminated on her next heat. BUT my Vet got killed (long, sad story)

A month or so ago she came into heat again. And with my help it happened.

There is no doubt!! She's putting on weight and eats like never before. Body filling out, nipples swelling, and her behavior is sooo different.

I'm expecting pups the last week of March. Ready to go the last week of May.

3 are spoken for a month before they hit the ground but if anyone is interested, send me a PM.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-15 AT 11:01PM (MST)[p]The father, Chuck, pointing a covey a long ways away as a youngster. Head up, birds are a ways out. Head down, get ready for action.
3224imgp0190.jpg

5863imgp0142.jpg
Chuck as a 1 year old.

2225imgp0184.jpg
Chuck with his mentor. The GWP was 12+ at that time.

5617imgp0581.jpg
Mom and dad retrieving from water. The female had the branch. She's 8 months old in that photo.

8297imgp0554.jpg
The parents together.

7197imgp0507.jpg
Just a big baby.

5128imgp0497.jpg
At 8 months old she was told to "go lay down." She found a bed and laid down. There are 6-7 people around the fire but she is not a nuisance and does what she is told.

I've had a lot of interest, both on MM and locally:

My plan is to let people know once they are born and sexed. Then I'll accept deposits ($100.00).

You'll pick the pup in the order the deposit is received.

I'm asking $500.00 for females, $400.00 for males.

If you want to view the pedigrees, PM me with your e-mail address. I'm getting the pedigrees scanned to my e-mail Thursday (3/5). Then I'll forward them.

5746photo.jpg

Picture of one of the pups pointing at 6 weeks.

I have photos of all of them pointing. Just trying to figure out how to transfer them to my desktop from IPhone. I'll get it figure it out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom