Thermal Scope

Goody02

I just ordered a thermal scope. Really don't need to spend the money, but MAN that looks like fun! Very low end pricewise, but good reviews from people that have them. ATN Thor LT.

I just ordered a thermal scope. Really don't need to spend the money, but MAN that looks like fun! Very low end pricewise, but good reviews from people that have them. ATN Thor LT.
Thats looks like a lot fun! Wish we could use them here in Idaho for coyotes on public land. Don't think I would get any sleep hunting all night.

I have some night vision binoculars. They are worse than the dark. Possibly one of the worst purchases I’ve ever made. Good luck.

I have some night vision binoculars. They are worse than the dark. Possibly one of the worst purchases I’ve ever made. Good luck.
You really got to spend some serious money if you want stuff like this to actually work. Any thermal or night vision equipment under several thousand dollar price tags are gimmicks

I’ve spent quite a bit of time killing hogs and coyotes with a higher end ($10,000) unit. They are a ton of fun and completely change the game. We killed 83 hogs in 2 nights one weekend. The scope wasn’t mine and I moved on from that job, but thermal hunting is probably what I miss the most about Texas.

My brother has a pulsar scope and scanner. One of the coolest inventions ever made. Hunting coyotes at night is the funnest hunt I have done.

Private land you can public you can't without a permit from a main office.
Permit they won’t give you. I called the brueno office one year and talked to them. Told me, “yeah we have those permits, never seen one issued”. Basically don’t bother. Frankly I’m ok with it. I really don’t like the idea of guys out in the desert shooting all night at anything with a heat signature. I don’t have that much faith in my fellow man

I could never justify the money on something like that. But I know a few guys who have and recently had a fun night shooting at foxes one night. Notice I said “at”. Prepare for a learning curve. I think there’s going to be quite a few less wolves in Montana come spring!

I bought a ATN from Cabela’s maybe four or five years ago. It runs threw batteries like nothing. It does work very well at all. I now have a Halo LR Thermal scope. It works great. It also cost more then three times the cost of my ATN unit. You can mount it on a rail for hunting in areas where it is legal. Or just using it for your view pleasure if you know what mean. You may be disappointed with the ATN unit like I was.

Last edited:
there goes your night life , stay out of the peaks , there is a crazy silver toyota double cab driving around in total darkness

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom