Thermopolis

I think it's a Days Inn now, the Safari Club , it's not bad. we went to a place called Stones Throw or somthing like that? it was better I think.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-13 AT 10:24PM (MST)[p]Look elsewhere rather than going to the Safari Room at the Days Inn.....not what it use to be.

This might be the place as 440 said:
Stones Throw Restaurant
143 Airport Rd
Thermopolis
(307) 864-9494

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I worked over there for a couple of weeks. our choices were mcdonalds and taco johns. I think there might be a caf? downtown.

Thanks guys! My daughter is getting married in the Wind River canyon next Wed and I was looking for a place to take the families for lunch or dinner.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-13 AT 08:45AM (MST)[p]That's quite the scenic place for a wedding and I hope the weather is great for the event! May I suggest that you go on north a ways up to Kirby. It's less than 15 minutes north of Thermopolis and just a few blocks east of the highway. I don't remember the name of the place, but both times I've been there it was fabulous and would be the perfect place to take them for the few extra miles to get there if the other choices are Taco Johns and Macs! They have a full range of menu from fantastic burgers right on up through steaks, chicken, etc. and I think the prices are pretty decent for the great food they serve. I'm not sure what the weekday hours are. I'll try and find the name and put an edit up here if I can so you can plan ahead.

EDIT: Found it! Butch's Place. It's open during the week, and they will take reservations. Here's the poop along with some good reviews on this link:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/butchs-place-kirby

Congratulations mmwb! I hope you like the son-in-law as much as I like all of mine (4).

Zeke

Topgun is right about Kirby. A whiskey plant is located there.

There is another place to eat not far from mcdonalds and I cant remember the name. I have only been to that place once

I'd have Maverick cater the deal. You can get sausage dogs, hot dogs and a wide array of heat and serv soy meal products. The bowling alley up there also has a restaurant...

I'll keep that in mind, Triple_BB. lol Sounds like the future mother in law is going to put a gourmet picnic together--which will probably be better than anything else we would come up with...

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-13 AT 10:37AM (MST)[p]Sounds like Kirby is getting the thumbs up if the picnic falls through.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-13 AT 07:19PM (MST)[p]Pleasedear is right. There is a sports bar across from Mcdonalds and it was pretty good food. They got a back room away from the bar area for private parties.

Also a steak house on the outside of town on highway 16 heading east towards Buffalo. I heard it was good but never got the time to eat there.

>Any good places to eat over
>there?

Stones Throw is hands down best place to eat in Thermop. New Chinese restaurant in town I've heard is really good so far.

Topgun is right. I stayed at a friend's place in Thermopolis this last fall after I finished my bow hunt and they took me to that place north of Thermopolis. Can't remember the road but it was a right turn off the main highway heading out of town a ways and the food was good.

Is this the place outside of Kirby that TOPGUN spoke of above??

Butch's Place
101 E Main St
Kirby
(307) 864-2669

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

thats to bad about the safari club, i always had a good meal there, but that was a few years ago..

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom