They are listening.......

Homer

Long Time Member
Has anyone else noticed that pop up ads of things you have only TALKED about are showing up on your smart phone??

I realize I am probably way behind the times on this but is it just my imagination???

You are behind the times on this one Homer. It isn't just your searches and things you type on your phone that it is harvesting, it is listening as well.

Has anyone else noticed that pop up ads of things you have only TALKED about are showing up on your smart phone??

I realize I am probably way behind the times on this but is it just my imagination???
I've been pointing that sh*t out for a couple years now to my family. I'm continuing to reduce my apps that gather and track, to the extent I can, but I'm doing it. Wifey bought an Alexa--and I told her I'd rather she didn't. Then it smacked her in the face with the crap that popped up on her phone--pulled it. DONE!

Say you are having a conversation with someone in the room about a certain person or topic. Then you decide to google for information on the person or topic. Usually before you even finish typing the search, the topic or person being discussed pops up as a google suggestion.

I hesitated to participate in the "ccw" thread.....lmmfao...what an idiot.

THEY know what everyone of us has...who has ever ordered #35 primers...who has ever ordered .308 bullets....who has ever ordered 4831......etc etc etc etc........forever

THEY know what everyone of us has...who has ever ordered #35 primers...who has ever ordered .308 bullets....who has ever ordered 4831......etc etc etc etc........forever
If that's the case; I love OBAMA, I hate GUNS, TRUMP is a racist (oh wait...) Green New Deal 4 eva and, um, I love the shutdown due to the sweet and sour sniffles (thanks Jericho Green)!

Ordered being key.......I believe the only records on me are the 4473’s for a few. I have zero faith that they won’t be used against me when public sediments change.

It's just Your Imagination Homer!

But You're NOT way Behind the Times Far Enough!

I Get None of that BS on My Phone!

I'd Bet Even BIGJOHN would Back Me on it!

I'm Gonna Post this Song for You Guys!

AGAIN!

Turn The Volume Up LOUD!

And Listen To it Like Most People Listen to CNN & FOX News!

LOUD & OVER & OVER Again!

You Know!

Till it SINKS In!

I recently found out that you can actually turn this crap off by going through Facistbook. They will still be listening and keeping anything you've ever thought of or talked about, but you won't get the annoying ads on your phone. When on Facistbook click on the 3 dashes on the lower right, go to settings and privacy, go to settings again, scroll down to Off-facebook activity and click turn off. I just did it so time will tell.

I recently found out that you can actually turn this crap off by going through Facistbook. They will still be listening and keeping anything you've ever thought of or talked about, but you won't get the annoying ads on your phone. When on Facistbook click on the 3 dashes on the lower right, go to settings and privacy, go to settings again, scroll down to Off-facebook activity and click turn off. I just did it so time will tell.
Thank God I don't do social media. Sorry, I mean go Facebook, Twitter, YouTube--they're the BEST!. Love me Mark, love me Jack!

Hummm. My wife has no phone and she doesn't do the internet, but I do. It could explain why she got the $600 stimulus check but so far I have not. I think I've been flagged. :mad:

Got a newish pc about 4 years ago and noticed that add would pop up based on conversations we had in the room w computer... Techie friend turned off "Cortana" the listening feature that was supposed to be helping you somehow. That was years ago on a computer that was used at the time. Can't imagine you can turn off feature if you want to on newer devices.... It's all there on phone anyway I guess.
F everyone who wants to listen to my boring conversations.

I had a friend that was recently in COSTCO and when he came out of COSTCO he got a warning on his phone that ha had been exposed to covid-19.

Same here- only a couple of hunting forums and a sports forum-have never been to facewhatever, twisted tweeter, instacrap or any other social media.

Homer if you have Netflix watch "The Social Dilemma". It is scary what Artificial Intelligence is doing. I wish I could throw my phone away and use the house phone only.

9FE9F142-F496-4433-997F-CCE5E390A5F7.jpeg

My wife and I were in Palm Springs (KOA campground) for the Mary Nutter softball tournament 2 years ago and I said to my wife while we're in our trailer, "Hey babe, do you know how to get to the fields?", I didn't say what fields. When I picked up my phone, there were directions to the Field of Dream complex. We were about 15 miles away and how did it know what fields I was talking about. "It" meaning my phone that obviously is trained to pick up on my voice. WTH?? It freaked me out! I could understand if I had said, "I need directions to the Field of Dreams" but I said nothing like that. Crazy....

Mother in law was chatting with wifey about a car she was looking at. Next thing you know, I have that exact car pop up on my phone via ads. Coinkydinky--no sir, good AI programming. :eek:

Hey Wisz!

Me & Ms Wisz know what You were Really Thinking!:D

My wife and I were in Palm Springs (KOA campground) for the Mary Nutter softball tournament 2 years ago and I said to my wife while we're in our trailer, "Hey babe, do you know how to get to the fields?", I didn't say what fields. When I picked up my phone, there were directions to the Field of Dream complex. We were about 15 miles away and how did it know what fields I was talking about. "It" meaning my phone that obviously is trained to pick up on my voice. WTH?? It freaked me out! I could understand if I had said, "I need directions to the Field of Dreams" but I said nothing like that. Crazy....

I got the ransom email the other day. They said they broke into my device, took over my camera, and got a video of me punishing the one-eyed mullah. They said they were going to put it out on the internet and ruin my life.?

The other older gents will join me in saying, this isn’t necessarily something to be ashamed of.

Anyway, they wanted me to send $1,462 in bitcoin somewhere or they would steal all my stuff. I don’t even know how paypal works. :rolleyes:

Then I got mad because I thought $1400 wasn’t really enough to ruin my life over.

And then I got to thinking this could be a way to suppliment my income. I replied to them that I could send some real good stuff their way, but I wanted 50%. Cash, no bitcoin BS.

Crickets.?

I was going to ask what devices and apps do you think is doing this. But that would be a stupid question since I have several conversations with Alexa every day.

I got the ransom email the other day. They said they broke into my device, took over my camera, and got a video of me punishing the one-eyed mullah. They said they were going to put it out on the internet and ruin my life.?

The other older gents will join me in saying, this isn’t necessarily something to be ashamed of.

Anyway, they wanted me to send $1,462 in bitcoin somewhere or they would steal all my stuff. I don’t even know how paypal works. :rolleyes:

Then I got mad because I thought $1400 wasn’t really enough to ruin my life over.

And then I got to thinking this could be a way to suppliment my income. I replied to them that I could send some real good stuff their way, but I wanted 50%. Cash, no bitcoin BS.

Crickets.?
My son in law took care of my computer and put some really good security on it. Then he took the ransom ware off my computer. I got it from my buddy sending pics that were infected. You know hunting pics!!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom