THEY'RE SHOOTIN SSHHITT UP IN FARMINGTON,Hossy???

I made a wise crack in this thread that I shouldn't have.

I can see why protests on the streets end up happening when people are killed by the police. Still there's no one saying if this kid had a gun or was attacking the officer or what. Police should have known if the kid had a gun within minutes of shooting him. Why haven't they said anything is what I'm wondering. How long does it take?

If it comes out that he had no gun, then what possible justification can there be for killing him? 12 or more rounds fired.

I can see why protests on the streets end up happening when people are killed by the police. Still there's no one saying if this kid had a gun or was attacking the officer or what. Police should have known if the kid had a gun within minutes of shooting him. Why haven't they said anything is what I'm wondering. How long does it take?

If it comes out that he had no gun, then what possible justification can there be for killing him? 12 or more rounds fired.
I believe they released information this afternoon about him having a gun…

I think people need to put their patient pants on in cases like this. Goodness, it hadn’t even been 48 hours yet! We have become such a fast good drive through society that we can’t even wait more than 24 hours to start demanding details?

Here is an interesting thing most people don’t know: the officers involved would not have even been interviewed until today. Brain science and what we know about traumatic events has shown a person needs two sleep cycles to be able to begin processing high intensity traumatic situations. People are demanding answers when the officers involved had not yet even given a statement on what they saw.

Additionally, the police agency involved wouldn’t be the ones even doing the interviewing. By law they are cut off due to conflict of interest considerations. There are also considerations about jeopardizing an investigation by publicizing information.

Society these days has become so weak minded we can’t even wait a couple days to get information. But I guess now that they’ve announced there was a gun we can expect a very quick and sincere apology for assuming otherwise by anyone who did so, right? I mean, we demand answers immediately on this!!!

Good, I’m glad they finally said something. Clearly they’ve known there was a gun in the car from the moment of the incident, yet kept it quiet. I’d be interested to know why that has to be kept secret. Without good explanation, some people begin wondering.

Pretty standard now, the news did not say he had a gun, that means he did not have one is the immediate thought. 20 officers total in town ? Lets just say they do not have much practice dealing with this.

When the suspect attempts to takes an officers gun, or takes it would be justified. The lack of information makes people draw their own conclusions, which are usually incorrect. Twelve rounds fired, shoot until the threat stops, granted depends on level of officer training for certain.

The lack of information makes people draw their own conclusions, which are usually incorrect. .

Most definitely! You know what they say about when you "assume," you make an a$$ out of you and me. Once again, this old saying was correct!

The non-compliance here isn't even the issue. Non-compliance happens regularly and we don't see those people being shot.

Non-compliance with a gun out of a holster is a totally different issue! And you'll almost always see those people being shot. It's a sad deal all around, no doubt.

What a sad and unnecessary outcome. My parents taught me to listen to and respect law enforcement officers. The officers were faced with a extremely difficult and dangerous situation.

Hawkeye

It is hard to watch. I just barely got around to watching this and the dude threw his life away. How can an educated person be so stupid? I don’t think I’m any smarter than the next guy but I know enough to do both the officer and myself the favor of complying in order to make the stop over real quickly. Mention the gun too, that’s kind of important. He was young and good looking and could have had a fun 15 years left of chasing women and having a good time, yet it was more important to try to take over the traffic stop and be a little bitćh.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom