Think we'll see em by tuesday?

DW

Long Time Member
Screenshot_20210405-213627_Drive.jpg

It sure would work out nicely for me if I can draw the OIL desert sheep while I'm still in the 5 year waiting period to reapply for rocky ?

That's amazing! How did your desert hunt go?
It was a tough hunt back in 05. The numbers were down and the herd was suffering from pneumonia. Only two tags were given for S62. I ended up killing a beautiful ram on the 15th day of hunting. The herd is doing much better these days.

Think you would schedule maintenance before the application process even started. Sometimes I think people running these things don’t think ahead much. Only in government can you be so inefficient and not only keep your job, but get pay increases.

My friend just got his unsuccessful Desert email...Im saying Big horn and goat today also? First time in 38 years I'm not in the game.

I'm wondering what the order of finding out is? I didn't put in for Desert BH but did for Rocky BH and Mtn Goat. At 8:26 am I received a $50 charge for a pref pt so I didn't draw one of those two but so far have not gotten an email and nothing has changed on my online account under Draws or Pref Pts.

I'm wondering what the order of finding out is? I didn't put in for Desert BH but did for Rocky BH and Mtn Goat. At 8:26 am I received a $50 charge for a pref pt so I didn't draw one of those two but so far have not gotten an email and nothing has changed on my online account under Draws or Pref Pts.

Desert, Goat, Rocky is my guess. Cc info will be first followed by email or cpw account update. If you can check your card then you most likely already know.

Just saw my 18th (15th weighted) point appear for goat and got the unsuccessful email for Desert. Things are shaping up perfectly for me to dedicate all of my time to the raffle tag once it's in hand.

For anyone else nerding out on this today and wanting to know as soon as possible... I think the first thing to check that will indicate your success is the price that's listed under the species on your "draw" tab. For me, the price was updated to $57 (point plus app fee) while the draw still showed the gray "entered" and the charge had not hit my card yet. My points had not updated yet either. It's probably only a matter of minutes or seconds but hey

Thanks sb, had forgotten about that one. 21yrs......next month moose will complete the trifecta. Guess I can get back to work. Good luck to the rest of ya!

Received two of the three expected pp charges on my cc and an email saying unsuccessful for mtn goat, so I know I’m out of the game for whatever they drew next! Ready to see if I drew a deer tag or not.

For anyone else nerding out on this today and wanting to know as soon as possible... I think the first thing to check that will indicate your success is the price that's listed under the species on your "draw" tab. For me, the price was updated to $57 (point plus app fee) while the draw still showed the gray "entered" and the charge had not hit my card yet. My points had not updated yet either. It's probably only a matter of minutes or seconds but hey
Good tip sb!

Received two of the three expected pp charges on my cc and an email saying unsuccessful for mtn goat, so I know I’m out of the game for whatever they drew next! Ready to see if I drew a deer tag or not.

Still over a month away.

No sheep tag again for me but I did get awarded another almost worthless sheep point that I elected to buy for $100!

Good luck everyone!

Horniac

Guys drawing sheep and goat, who have not yet, should join Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society. Membership supports a primary org responsible for helping put sheep and goats on the mountain and tags in our pockets. And comes with a gorgeous quarterly magazine with stories, photos and tips. See this link.

Also a great way to get connected to a bunch of folks who know your hunts and can help you get started. Disclosure: I am on the board. Hit me up with any questions.

Kirby Wynn

You really think it will be a month before deer results are released, even though they already started the draw for mtn goat and sheep ?
Yup. See back cover of regs. They will meet that deadline. Starting with lope or moose and pushing through the rest and vet some days. And moose quotas are not set till the may Commission meeting.

You really think it will be a month before deer results are released, even though they already started the draw for mtn goat and sheep ?
Deer, elk, moose, bear, and pronghorn license numbers are not set until the May Commission meeting.

The rough numbers are out and they are ugly. 90% increase on deer tags in some units. Pretty big decreases on elk across the board. There is a link to them on Rokslide

DEER

CPW is recommending similar total deer licenses as last year; all changes result in an increase of 825 deer licenses (+1%) to 102,300 limited licenses. A recommended decrease of 1,800 rifle buck and either-sex licenses was exceeded by an increase of 2,900 rifle doe licenses.
Buck license recommendations were reduced in many herds because we anticipate higher success rates with later rifle season dates from recent BGSS changes. Predicted higher harvest success means fewer licenses will be necessary to achieve the same harvest. Buck license reductions also are the result of herds that are now within Herd Management Plan (HMP) sex ratio objective ranges (examples include D-2 Bears Ears, D-9 Middle Park, and D-30 San Juan).
Buck license recommendations were increased in herds that are above HMP sex ratio objectives (examples include D-21 West Elks, D22 Taylor River, and D-25 Powderhorn). In DAUs where CWD prevalence is greater than 5%, management actions were taken to reduce prevalence, including buck license increases for several herds (examples include D-43 Sweetwater and D-51 South Grand Mesa).
Antlerless license increases are recommended in herds that are at or above population objective ranges (examples include D-2, D-7, D-22, and D-25).

The rough numbers are out and they are ugly. 90% increase on deer tags in some units. Pretty big decreases on elk across the board. There is a link to them on Rokslide
huh? what do you mean, exactly regarding 90% increase in deer tags in some units? examples?

Exactly which is more tags then they have ever issues in there even before the 07/08 crash when there were a ton of deer in there

Exactly which is more tags then they have ever issues in there even before the 07/08 crash when there were a ton of deer in there
The current management plan in the Basin it to never let the the deer herd get to pre 07/08 numbers. From what's been explained to me, they don't feel like there is sufficient winter range to sustain those numbers and they just end up watching those deer die on the hard winters that frequent the Basin. It is what it is, the folks that got to hunt it "back then" can tell their grandkids about the "good old days" of mule deer hunting.

Guys drawing sheep and goat, who have not yet, should join Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society. Membership supports a primary org responsible for helping put sheep and goats on the mountain and tags in our pockets. And comes with a gorgeous quarterly magazine with stories, photos and tips. See this link.

Also a great way to get connected to a bunch of folks who know your hunts and can help you get started. Disclosure: I am on the board. Hit me up with any questions.

Kirby Wynn
Kirby is correct, but failed to mention that if you join now you're entered to win some pretty sweet prizes, including Swaro 10x42 EL, Sitka Gear, and Kifaru. And new life members will also be entered to will a Yukon Dall sheep hunt to be given away one month from today.

Don't forget there is one more chance for a CO sheep or goat tag with the statewide license raffles. There are other raffles if you don't like sheep or goat, including a 28 Nosler that shoots pretty well.
image1.jpeg

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom