Thinking about the draw yet?

nmwapiti

I have my choices narrowed down to the following:

1) Valles Caldera lottery for archery (8 tickets)

2)ELK- 1st choice- Unit 45 Archery ES
2nd choice- Unit 53 2nd rifle MB
3rd choice- Undecided- maybe a cow hunt?

Deer- 1st choice- Unit 2B January Archery
2nd choice- Unit 45 Archery
3rd choice- Unit 30 January Archery

Oryx- Stallion

Hoping this is my year!!!!!! I am way past due for a good tag. Good luck to all!

Had mine in for over a week now. Freed me up to start digging into Google Earth and USAPhotomaps again. And I think I found some access thru a unit wide LO property to a nice chunk of Elk Heaven.

I have been thinking about this draw since last September driving home from the elk hunt with my tag still in my pack!

Me too, but Ive been thinking about it after going home from my elk hunt and deer hunt without using my tag. Unit 16a and 2b. It still haunts me to this day.

>Me too, but Ive been
>thinking about it after going
>home from my elk hunt
>and deer hunt without using
>my tag. Unit 16a
>and 2b. It still
>haunts me to this day.
>

Ouch

Quick question about the Oryx draw........

If you wanted to apply for both the OIL and the Broken Horn do you split up your choices between the 3 you get on the one application?? What if you wanted to put in for the off range hunts?......Same application?

jeff

LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-09 AT 08:55PM (MST)[p]Yes to all those. Put the OIL as your first choice, and then decide which you want more, the broken-horn or off-range and put that as your second, and the other as your third.

If it was me though, and I hadn't done the OIL already, I'd put all three of my choices as OILs to increase my odds for one of those. But that's just me...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom