Third rifle hunt in 2B

R

rod_86

I drew this hunt as a second choice (first was 2C) and feel fortunate after several years of applying. I'm not familiar with the unit and would greatly appreciate any advice or tips for the hunt. I intend to get up there several times during the summer to learn the area, any advice on where to begin? Are there areas that the migratory deer prefer? Despite being a full time college student I intend on staying for the full hunt if possible to make the most of it!!

its a great hunt, get away from the road hunters. behind the gates are good the whole unit will be full of deer so have fun.
See ya up there
Rory

Get a Farmington BLM map, there is "some" public land on the SJ river that get's overlooked by most people...Always has a few nice bucks.

Good luck!

Don't get discouraged if you don't see many deer in there during the summertime. It's a whole new ballgame in the fall.

?I want as game protectors men of courage, resolution, and hardihood, who can handle the rifle, ax, and paddle; who can camp out in summer or winter; who can go on snowshoes if necessary; who can go through the woods by day or night without regard to trails" Theodore Roosevelt-1899

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom