This Christmas really got me thinkin

Lhedrick1

Our Christmas Eve dinner was postponed due to my 94 year old grandfather falling....twice in the same day. Then on Christmas Day, he is rushed to ICU for similar complications. He is now in Cleveland UH and we are awaiting the next steps.

I've lost some relatives and dogs. One dog this year that broke our hearts. The one dog that there will never be another of. And now my papa is going down hill in a hurry.

This year got me thinking about the precious nature of life. How we witness a loved one, human or pet struggle for what may be their last breath. And how this year, I put down a mule deer buck. And dad, a bull elk. Both magnificent creatures. I watched the elk turn his head to his side as if to "pull" at the .35 caliber slug that went through his lungs. He collapsed about 30 seconds later. We had an elk roast for Christmas Eve dinner and it was the best I'd ever had. If papa wasn't in the hospital he would have loved it.

But what makes us so damn special? Life is precious and an amazing thing. I wonder if I'll be able to hunt next year.

Merry Christmas and good health to you all and your loved ones.

Events like this do take a toll. It takes time but these feelings will fade. My Dad died on Christmas Eve 2010. Christmas is now almost back to normal, and that's how he would want it. Time heals. Hang in there, I know it's not easy.

Hang in there LH!

Life gets Harder as We get Older!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Welcome to life. It's a shitty deal but surely this isn't your first taste of that? This is the ultimate internal battle of why we hunt. You won't figure it out but I can promise you that it has nothing to do with ending what is a magnificent and completely admirable life. Life is ultimately precious and time is the one thing you can't purchase. Personally, i hunt in admiration of the animal i pursue and have never been disappointed in an unfilled tag. So long as I enjoyed my time afield. So in answer to your question "will I hunt next year?" The answer should be without a doubt yes. But if you kill it will mean more knowing that you are the solid end to something's life....

"But what makes us so damn special?"

Look man. I ain't going to kick you when your down but I am going to snap you back to reality.

THIS IS CHRISTMAS! The most powerful being and creator of the universe decided you were special enough to send a son that was going to be tortured to death by the very beings he loved the most, US! So we can have everlasting life. It ain't your place to wonder why we are so damn special. An omniscient being decided that. Its above your pay grade to figure that out. You will never figure that out. Accept it and be thankful.

Your papa would shoot 100 Lassies and Rin Tin Tins right through the eye if it meant giving you good health and his love. Your ancestors left millions of dead animals in their wake just so you can be here now wondering about the higher meaning of our existence. Don't let their struggles and sacrifice end here with you. The Lord did not send his only begotten son here for elk, mule deer, and your pet. He was sent for YOU! YOU ARE THAT SPECIAL! Your Lord Jesus Christ knows it. Your ancestors believe it. Now its time for you to stand up and know it.

I'll pray for your papa and I hope you get a dog even better than the last one. Merry Christmas. Keep killin'.

a VERY VERY good one....Thanks Tristate

and please post up RBG when you're done...

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>a VERY VERY good one....Thanks Tristate
>
>
>
>and please post up RBG when
>you're done...

RBG?

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

I don't know what RBG is either. I just learned OMG last year.

Somebody told me its Ruth Bader Ginsburg but I don't know what she has to do with MM.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-19 AT 08:32AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-19 AT 08:28?AM (MST)

>I don't know what RBG is
>either. I just learned
>OMG last year.
>
>Somebody told me its Ruth Bader
>Ginsburg but I don't know
>what she has to do
>with MM.

Hahahaha! Homer cracks me up all the time.

There's a thread in the Political Forum somewhere....lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom