This is ridiculous!

Cahunter805

Long Time Member
Our DFG is so far from anything normal it’s ridiculous. The last sentence in the article is the best!?

Im Not so quick to blame the dfg for inefficiently handling this. Smells more like newsom and the commission.
cafw, btw.... And yes, Newsome, so anyone who voted for Biden? You own it. And never think you can play a cdfw employee with a Masters, which most have. Funny, every state I hunt in, too many hunters thinks the fg are idiots... Lol. They have 6 years of education and would crush any hunter on enviorment, big game, habitat,oh, and by the the way, most dfw, hunt all the time.the regular Joeblow hunter who knows zero about enviorment, habitat, are barstoo bioligistsl, keyboard biologists at best. Lol.

Yes, I know my area’s biologist and his predecessor that moved to a Sacramento promotion. Both are big hunters that go to multiple states a year. The wardens are good people and the folks that work at the fish hatchery are all good. Obviously I can’t speak for the whole agency but I think the people working on the ground for CADFW do what they can within the boundaries they are confined to.

Wow just wow
Wow, like You dont believe this? Or wow , cafw have a greater deal of knowledge on habitat and wildlife?? Dude, have You planted 30,000 trees by hand? I have. Care to match wits with any bio cfw dude on any subject including duck loads, bow set ups, 6.5 prc cusom rifles? You think CFW employees are all cubicle fat asses??? Ha, must rock climb 800 foot walls, spend all day in waders or are at 10,000 feet while you eat ice cream. Dont ever think you can out climb or out shoot with any any weapon and cfw employee. thats a joke. let alone trees, shrubs, migration patterns? Please stop, you would be crushed.

besides, 99% of hunters could not stand the pain of a Backpack hunt, which cafw guys do weekly. And dont ever think you could out shoot a cfw dude with a shotgun, bow, or rifle... 6.5 prc @1,000 yards? Yep, go for it after a 12 mile, 3,000 vert. climb daily... Ha

I’m not sure how you came up with all of that with a wow. You are coming off as a
Pompous a$$.
By wow I meant the obvious solution is predator control which hasn’t been allowed for years and I’m sure the biologist would agree.
You said today that ca, wasnt going online vs. paper and you are the co. dude. Yep, I have 25 elk points in co. Predator control? I have the best whitetail property on the planet, we kill 40 deer/year, 6 bucks. 47 in the book. We also have 2 wolf dens, and black bears that snarff deer. So, You think the cafw bio dudes agree with the liberal predator/mt.lion, control? Wrong. so I am a pompous ass How? because i called You out on online ca. regs only???You are all about co. Good for you, raghorn city...

I’m not sure how you came up with all of that with a wow. You are coming off as a
Pompous a$$.
By wow I meant the obvious solution is predator control which hasn’t been allowed for years and I’m sure the biologist would agree.
ok, Go 3k vertical with cafw bio dudes setting cameras, wake up and do that again for 4 more days. The JMT is 50,000 vertical feet over 240miles. Do that in 20 days like most most cafw guys do every day and ***** about online data.

Bottom line? Dont ever think any state fg employee is stupid. They our more educated than any hunter. And btw,must i know,,can out shoot you with any weapon, you choose, and out climb you in 3 hours. lol.

Our DFG is so far from anything normal it’s ridiculous. The last sentence in the article is the best!?
We are going to have to manage lions if we want to save our bighorns. I wonder how much that study cost vs the price of a bullet to do the same thing.
Dupont no one is challenging you or your abilities, this is a hunting forum not a boxing ring. The situation here in Kali in my opinion on cougars is wrong, their numbers need to be in check with the food source they use. Not hunting them in this state is not a G&F issue it is the Governor and the Governor's dads agenda.

WOW, just WOW. (is there an echo?)
Someone got really defensive really quickly but it was entertaining as hell .....albeit way off base and uncalled for.

Zeke

Hoping they reintroduce the grizzly bear soon in Yosemite NP to start.

1. Remove all park anemities.

2. Place warning signs for park visitors.

3. Release grizzlies in breeding pairs until a sustainable grizzly population is established in Yosemite.

4. Educate the public about the importance of restoring CA's mtn ranges and wildlife back to their historic state. This is important to save the world.

5. Remove Hetch Hetchy dam to restore historic grizzly habitat. This can be done and would be supported by the city of San Francisco since they support the preservation of all species.

This methodology is in line with the wolf reintroductions in other states by the USFWS. It's now CA's turn.

Please restore the CA Grizzly in its historic range including Yosemite NP in balance with native wolf populations.

Last edited:
That's easy, plenty of black bears, coyotes, deer and mtn lions in Yosemite Park. Remember grizzlies are at the top of the food chain.

Imagine all the tourists pulling over to watch and photograph a grizzly dragging a buck thru the Merced River.

Last edited:
Ya....I saw that last bit as putting wolves and bears back in to "balance" the lion population. They arent going to allow hunting them imo

F&W wardens in norther California are the toughest. It's nothing for one of them to pull up 5,000 6 ft. tall marijuana plants before lunch.

Hey, DuPont. You seem awfully constipated. You oughta go sit on the John for a while and ponder how asinine you come across with your comments. And, before you think I’m some anti-DFW guy, think twice.

One of my long time buddies whom I’ve hunted with for many years is a warden. I’ve hunted with over half dozen different wardens over the years, for ducks, turkeys, upland birds. I helped another kill a bull with his bow on his first elk hunt. The ones I know are all good guys, but I’ve yet to meet any of the Super Heroes you allude to. I know several dozen people who work or worked for the department, from bottom to the very top. None of them fit your Super Hero description.

I think nearly all of them would regard you/ your comments as embarrassing in a bad way.

The sad part at the end of the day is they will never be able to re open a season even if they kill every last deer. The way the law was written made it darn near iron clad.

DFG has been working on a Statewide lion estimate which will be the first "scientifically " Robust estimate. The results are slated to be concluded in June. It will be interesting if they come back showing the lions numbers truly rebounding what the excuse will be then.

DuPont are you slightlysober in disguise?
Those lions should be located 6 feet under. There are way to many in this state.

You said today that ca, wasnt going online vs. paper and you are the co. dude. Yep, I have 25 elk points in co. Predator control? I have the best whitetail property on the planet, we kill 40 deer/year, 6 bucks. 47 in the book. We also have 2 wolf dens, and black bears that snarff deer. So, You think the cafw bio dudes agree with the liberal predator/mt.lion, control? Wrong. so I am a pompous ass How? because i called You out on online ca. regs only???You are all about co. Good for you, raghorn city...
So, a whitetail guy is going to lecture Californians on how the fish and wildlife guys work. They just had a guy forced out of a job because he killed a mountain lion in a different state. Hey Dupont, 8 years of college does not make you a genius on wildlife management.
if you want to go line bu line on how you're a better outdoorsman and can shoot better than the guys on this forum, sign me up. Otherwise, go plant your 1-acre food plot, and I'll go try to manage my 2500 acre cattle ranch for my kids.

The last line of the article speaks volumes to what has gone on the last 20 years and how the DFG doesn't listen to what is going on. The sad thing is they will never have a season on Mountain Lions because they will look at that as a "loss" for them.....a step backwards and a slap in the face on how far they've come thinking they know what is best. Relocate? So they can kill off the deer, elk or sheep in THAT area? Wow....just wow.

Chuck Norris Fish and Game bio dudes? Wearing waders ALL day? Scaling rock faces? Hanging trail cams? Expert marksmen with a plethora of weapons? LMAO!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom