Thor bullets in CVA Accura

kalielkslayer

So I got the sizer pack in the mail today. I read the directions.

But I was curious if there are any other CVA Accura shooters out there that shoot Thor bullets? And if so, what size did you settle on?

tomorrow I'm gonna remove the breach plug and have at it.

So I got the sizer pack in the mail today. I read the directions.

But I was curious if there are any other CVA Accura shooters out there that shoot Thor bullets? And if so, what size did you settle on?

tomorrow I'm gonna remove the breach plug and have at it.
Accura V2 settled on .501. Haven’t shot it enough to say a lot but muzzy.com folks spoke highly of the bullet

I’m sold on the bullet. Wanted to use them a few years ago but I waited too late in the year to get them.

starting early this time around.

Accura V2 Mine also shot the .501 the best. I loaded it for a CO elk hunt but never got to use it during the hunt.
Off a bench at 100 yard open sights I could keep 3 shots touching a playing card or roughly a 2 in group. I was shooting 100-105 grains by volume, not weight, of Blackhorn 209.

I have the Accura V2 and also settled on the .501 diameter. Used it to kill a decent high country buck at 134 yards a couple years ago. Bullet worked as desired.

Thanks everyone for your input, I appreciate it.

got too busy working around the place today. Tomorrow I size them and order 120.

I want this bullet to be my only load for this gun.

my Accura wanted the size .500 accdg to sizing pack. never ordered them, but i found the "one size fits all" thor did NOT fit in my barrel. I have been shooting Federal bor loc 350 lead.

One of the best out there if they fly well from your gun. Only way to know that is to try them. But you have to get a sizing pack and get proper size first. And then if you decide to hunt with them be sure and order plenty in the summer. They sometimes run out in the fall

It doesn't matter what others use with the same gun. You have to test your barrel. The tolerances vary too much.

If you use Thors and BH 209. make sure you have a tight fit. BH needs some compression to work well.

I couldn’t get the .501 down the barrel, clean.

the .500 made land/groove marks, but just slightly. Probably 15 lbs pressure to seat bullet.

I ordered 30 250 grain bullets and 30 300 grain bullets. This year it’s an antelope hunt so whichever is accurate and the flattest.

If it was a elk hunt, I would have just bought 120 300 grain bullets and been done with it.

Thors and 4 containers of BH 209 in the mail.

I thought I had 2 already but discovered I only had 3/4 of 1 canister.

I’ll post some pictures when I get them.

AAE06EDC-4673-44D1-B5BE-75BB26682097.jpeg
This was taken out of a Nevada bull. The reason I’m working with the Thor’s.

My Accura V2 likes the .500 Thors. I shoot the 250 grs. for deer and 300s for elk (over 110 grs. BH 209). I just installed a Williams Western Precision Peep/Globe sight (CO hunting) and looking forward to hitting the range soon. With my eyesight I'll take 1-2" groups at @100 yds., we'll see.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom