Thor bullets

kalielkslayer

I just ordered the sizing pack. Wanted to hear what other think about them?

I haven’t used my muzzleloader since 2010. It’s a CVA Accura. I had it shooting 1.25” groups with a scope at 100 yards back then.

My load was 100 grains of BH209 and a 338 gr Powerbelt.

I sighted it in at 100 yards. It dropped 10” at 200 yards. 24” (falling off of the table) at 250.

anyrhing above 100 grains of BH209, the groups really widened. I think the pressure was blasting the plastic skirt.

hoping the Thor could handle a little more pressure.

on my Nevada elk hunt I had open sights. On this antelope hunt, I can use a scope.

I used a scope to work up loads but my groups almost doubled with open sights.

I appreciate any input.

Great bullet. They should be smaller than the powerbelts so should fly a little flatter. Biggest thing to remember: if you decide to use them order lots extra. They produce limited numbers and could run out in the fall.

I appreciate the advice.

I tried to use them once before but like you said, by July I couldn’t get any.

but their website is way better than I remembered.

I Have had good luck with thor in my muzzleloaders. Tip is to make sure to size with the right pressure they recommend. Also if really loose when they send the real bullets use a socket to the back end to flange out the backend some to get the fit. I did find the new to old thors was different sizes

I hope I don’t have to do that but a patch under a loose bullet would probably fix that, thanks.

if the “real” bullets come loose, I’ll probably send them back for the next size up.

I want to try to push these. Not just trajectory for the antelope hunt, but for future elk hunts.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom