Thor Bullets?

MuskegMan

So, I went thru the trouble of buying the sizing pack and I have determined which diameter fits my T/C Omega bore best. I go back to order the 0.503" ones and I see they have a new "one-size-fits-all" Thor bullet. It has four lateral cuts in the cup area. So, does the one-size-fits-all approach work better than the precise bore fit?

Only way you are going to know that is if you buy a pack of each to try in your gun. You are just experimenting anyway at this point. Long way to hunting season. :)

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Hey muskegman did you get any results that were promising from the thor bullet? I got the sizing pack and the .502 seems to fit mine best (t/c triumph). Just not sure if I should go 250 or 300 grain. Gonna be shooting for mule deer and BH 209

I would try the 250s and see how they fly. Plenty big for mulies and less kick. But sometimes the 300s fly better and they really don't drop that much more out to 200 yards. Just gonna have to experiment with your gun, because everyones shoots differently.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I have a CVA Accura II that uses the 0.501" diameter bullets. One issue I have with this MZL is the plastic tip sometimes sticks into the ramming rod when seating the bullet causing the bullet to pull out slightly when removing the rod. It doesn't always happen, but it happened once or twice, which is enough times that I religiously check seating depth when charging the MZL.

I, too, am interested in the "one-size fits all" bullets to see if it will help with my issue. Only problem is I'm sitting on a pretty healthy supply of the old bullets at the moment, but looking forward to giving them a trial run when the timing is right.

graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... It's the reckoning." Doc Holliday

I've wasted $5 on worse things. Thanks for the tip, think I'll give one a try.

I drew 2 mzl tags here Colorado for this fall, so I'll try to put it to good use.

graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... It's the reckoning." Doc Holliday

Older thread but wanted to join in. I shot the Thor 300gr out of my Accura V2. First bullets loads great but by the third bullet, I could not get it loaded all the way. Pushed extremely hard. I am using the .500. Any suggestions? The bullets I was able to shoot shot great. Thinking about changing to the Federal Bore Loc.

i could not get the one size fits all into my Accura v2. Didn't want to bust my ramrod so i didn't fight with it. Sizing kit says i need .500. Went to federal bor loc 350 grain with great results shooting and easy loading. Using Hornady SST loading jag, per txhunter's advice.

The biggest problem I have with Thors is the sizing isn't consistent. It does no good to get the sizing pack if the size you end up buying isn't the size you order.

The fits all version didn't fit for me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom