Thorofare Outfitter?

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
I really want to hunt the Thorofare, I have horses and pack gear but I feel like its a trip and undertaking that's a bit over my head. I'd like to hunt it and enjoy the hunt much more than I feel like wrangling horses for a week.
So my question is for those who have hunted the Thorofare. Who did you use and would you recommend them?
Thanks

))))----------->

Make room for me!

37205hornkiller.jpg

I hunted the Thorofare with Lynn Madsen and Yellowstone Outfitters 13years ago. I highly recommend it. Do their 10 day hunt. The long ride in on the first day was killer. My butt and knees still hurt. But after acclimating to riding the horses things got better. I killed a bull about 100 yards from the Yellowstone boundary on the last day. Saw several grizzlies. I caught some amazing trout out of Bridger Lake on a fly rod. Do it. You?ll have a blast!

Mackey

I have hunted with Yellowstone Outfitters 2 times. Both hunts we killed great bulls. Lynn Madsen is a great guide and friend. We did 10 day hunts in Sept. during the rut. This is a true wilderness hunt for huge bulls. Plenty of wovles and grizz.

Julius

Charles Darwin:
Father of the theory of Evolution; Suggested that natural selection is the mechanism by which species evolve over geologic time.

Horsecreek,

Before I die, there are three places I just have to elk hunt. The Thorofare in Wy, Selway in ID and Bob Marshall in MT. I plan on treating myself to guided horseback hunts on each of these. I am working on the Selway for next year. Very anxious to hear who you settle on and how the hunt goes. Good luck with your choice and with the hunt.

No personal experience but Colby Gines would be on my list as well.

All three of those sound awesome! If you need company let me know!

How's the house plans going?

))))----------->

>I have hunted with Yellowstone Outfitters
>2 times. Both hunts we
>killed great bulls. Lynn Madsen
>is a great guide and
>friend. We did 10 day
>hunts in Sept. during the
>rut. This is a true
>wilderness hunt for huge bulls.
>Plenty of wovles and grizz.
>
>
>Julius
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Charles Darwin:
>Father of the theory of Evolution;
>Suggested that natural selection is
>the mechanism by which species
>evolve over geologic time.

Thank you

))))----------->

>If you need company let
>me know!
>
Be careful, Im going to hold you to that.

>How's the house plans going?
>
> ))))----------->

Every time the wind in RS gets above 40 mph I move the date up 6 months. At this rate I will break ground on Thursday.

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-19
>AT 03:06?PM (MST)

>
>u are correct sold it to
>Perry.

That's a bummer. I saw on Colbys facebook page that he sold back in Dec. 2018 but didn't say to who. Its a great camp but I feel the new owners wont do as well or make it as successful. I say this cause they also bought open creek outfitters, plus they have hidden creek outfitters. But their pride and joy is that UXU ranch.

>
>>If you need company let
>>me know!
>>
>Be careful, Im going to hold
>you to that.
>
>
>>How's the house plans going?
>>
>> ))))----------->
>
>Every time the wind in RS
>gets above 40 mph I
>move the date up 6
>months. At this rate
>I will break ground on
>Thursday.

You better start building now....it's a short building season round here.

))))----------->

I know this post is a few months old, but has anyone made commitments to go into the Thorofare for 20202 or later ?

Me and a friend are also seriously considering a NR Guided Elk Rifle Hunt in the Thorofare, but in 2021. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

I'm in the same boat. I've talked with Hidden Creek a couple of times. Still trying to come up with a game plan.

Don P.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom