Those CO lake trout have a bunch of critters to eat?

I think it’s Blue Mesa that has been at record low levels making it easier to find prey. The reservoir is famous for large lake trout.

What had that thing been eating?
I'm sure it was full of Kokanee along with a few other lakers/rainbows/browns and perch. We used to go down in the summer and kokanee fish and every now and then your fish finder would light up with a huge fish below the school of kokanee. I always wanted to bring laker gear, but never did just target the lakers.

What's amazing is the old Colorado laker record was "only" a little over 50 lbs. That's impressive for a lake like Blue Mesa that has been in a slump for larger lakers for quite a few years. The tournaments plus kokanee stocking must have worked. Hats off to Enloe for catching and releasing the possibly 60ish year old fish!

Here's a couple posts on the past laker tournaments.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom