Thoughts on Score

Bwht4x4

Very Active Member
Drawing season is upon us and I'm sure we're all getting antsy. Figured I'd see what you guys think these two bulls would score. Just so you know I don't have a clue.

First is this 7x7.
46947_pt.jpg

Another one of this 7x7.
49377_pt2.jpg

Next is this guy.
3063elk.jpg

And another.
6722pict1455.jpg

Weak on his G-7!

No G-7 on the other side!

:D:D:D!!!

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

Damn straight it's a DIY forum and I want to DIY a big bull this year. Come on throw some numbers out there!

I've got to agree with Berrysblaster, both are about 360 and the bulls attain that score for different reasons.
IMHO, any bull in the honest 350 range is a helluva bull and a fine trophy.
Good luck,
Zeke

>I've got to agree with Berrysblaster,
>both are about 360 and
>the bulls attain that score
>for different reasons.
>IMHO, any bull in the honest
>350 range is a helluva
>bull and a fine trophy.
>
>Good luck,
>Zeke

I agree, they're not giants, but I'd shoot either one of them on any hunt in any state. I think they're both good looking bulls.

Both very nice bulls. Would love a chance at either.

I like the 7x7(8), I'll go with 373 1/16. The second looks like he could fill out nicely. 359 1/8 when he's done.

PM me their coordinates and I'll keep an eye on them for you. :)

The 7 is closer to 400 than he is 350. 380+.

The 6 is tough because he will get a little bigger. 350-360 I would guess.

The 7 x 7 May go north of 370. The 6 won't break 340 with those 42 inch main beams but with that tine length he's a true stud

I'd guess both higher than anybody has guessed yet. The top might net higher than the bottom, but that bottom is sure a better bull, regardless of score, bunch of super heavy tines around 20", but short 5s. I'm going with 380 gross for the 7X, 370 on the 6X.

Well that top bull is shedding ( done growing ) and if doesn't score 375 I'd be shocked. All those points and great length .. That's a 375-380 class bull . The bottom 6x is beautiful on the bottom end but not sure how much more his tops will grow. Guess him in the 360 range. I WANT ONE

Photos leave it difficult to assess measurements. My guess is that the larger one might score in the 360 range.

Both are done growing, 348 on small bull, 377 on Big bull.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

The picture of the second bull was taken on July 21. He was pretty much done growing for the year I think.

Well, everyone's thoughts are of equal value since we cannot measure the bulls.... yet.
I suspect some guesses are too high while other are too low but it's been fun to see what everyone thought about them.
Like I said before, trophies both!
Zeke

The 7x7 has way, way better back end...

The 6x6 has way, way better front end...

Royals are about even...

So, I'd kill the 7x7. Better back-ends make a much better looking animal IMO. Both are about 350 or higher.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Top bull had really short fronts and no mass, even his 4's and 5's while good are not over 19"s but he does make up for it with his long beams and extra tines. I put him right at 360.

The bottom bull has an awesome bottom end and great mass, but really short beams and no back end. I put him right at 340.

Both bulls look narrow to me so I only gave them 33-34" spread credits.

Jake H. BIG BONE HUNTING Page on Facebook.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

>For reference here's what a 375"
>7x7 looks like on the
>hoof
>
5811image.jpg

>https://www.facebook.com/strawberrybayoutfitters

That's a helluva bull Berrys! and it takes a helluva bull to crack into those lofty numbers. I'll stick with my original GUESS.

I get to look at 300, 310, 348, 356 and 382' bulls every day so it gives me a feel for what bulls MIGHT score. Anyone can get fooled, me included.

Zeke

I'm guessing 382 on first bull and 330 on second bull. Hey Berry, Did you find the sheds to that bull? Just curious how you came up with 375 on the hoof.

After a better look on a big screen, that top bull will scare 380. 16+ bottoms 18-19 sword & 5ths, 54+ beams. Yep he's a bruiser. And the 6 even with his 19" bottoms won't get to 340, because his beams are only mid 40's and he has no back end

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-15 AT 00:14AM (MST)[p]I was excited thinking maybe you were on his trail and picked up his sheds. Let's go fishing!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom