Thoughts on this one?

Bwht4x4

Very Active Member
Lots of "guess the score" or "estimate this buck" going around. Figure I'd join in. I've passed these picts around to a few friends to see what they thought. He's a perfect 5x5, but really narrow. It'd be fun to hear what others think he would score.

6133820180813073005copy.jpg

9735520180813073007copy.jpg

5450720180813071603copy.jpg

8352920180813071633.jpg

He may not have the "wow" factor to some because he's narrow but that buck will score very well. I would kill that buck first day. He's an absolute stud. I have a family member kill a buck similar to him a couple years ago that scored 190 with a 13-1/2 spread credit. Width isn't everything.

That's the kind of buck that just might surprise you.
He?s got good mass and good tine length and with those extra inlines I would bet he's in the 180s, even without brow tines.
Real nice looking buck.

I got 170-175. got to love those compact bucks with tines for days. His G-2s are way short so thats whats keeping him from 180.

Jake H. BIG BONE HUNTING Page on Facebook.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Shoooot! Heavy and great forks. I bet it will go over 180" or close to it. We killed a buck in Colorado a few years ago that was just under 180 @ 21" outside spread.

I would put him closer to 160. He is a cool buck. Imagine what he will look like in a year or two if he gets to grow up.

I shot a great buck last year with only 21" spread but grossed 190 " and change. Dont be afraid of the narrow bucks! I'll post a pic here one day, they re on a camera i can t plug into this tablet...

Mid-180's He only lose 8 to 10" of width and makes that up being a 5x5 IMO

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>I wonder how impressive he will
>look once the velvet is
>off.

I think he'll look even more impressive once he rubs that junk off and polishes.

He's a cool buck, but I don't think he will break 170, maybe and hopefully I am wrong! I put him at 169.

I looked for him all morning and wasn't able to find him. I'll be at it again tomorrow to see if he turns up.

I was thinkin high or mid 160's. He's a cool looking buck though. I wouldn't pass on him.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Maybe I'm far off, but I'm thinking he'll be somewhere in the 160 to 170 range gross. Short beams (20"?), short G2's (maybe 12"), good G3's and 4's (11" each) and 18" of mass per side (remember the first two circumferences are at the smallest place between burr and first point-G2).....MAYBE a 16" inside spread and you get about a 160" mainframe.....add the 10" of total abnormal points and you're right at 170".....unfortunately, for P&Y you must have 12.5" of abnormal points to qualify for non-typical category.....so the 10" will be a deduction....now you're at 150" net!

Of course, I could be WAY off on these measurements......but if Dwayne decides to take him, I'm sure I'll be able to confirm some measurements. :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

I have this buck at 175 gross tops. I could be wrong...... he is a cool buck and I would not blame a person for shooting him. But he also looks young maybe 4.5 years old. Depending on conditions I think he could be something special next year.

But in Utah, a buck like that most likely wouldn't last another year.

I SAY KILL HIM!

Cool buck! Short G2s and no browtines are hurting his score. I think his mainbeams might be better than what others think. I'm thinking 180 at best but more likely in the 170s

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

I don't see 180" I'd give home a couple years if possible. He'd probably be a giant. Idk what unit though,so I'm sure if you don't shoot him someone else will.. I'd put him 160-170 gross TOPS! AWESOME unique deer!

That is a young deer. Imagine what he might look like next year. If he is in a place that does not get a lot of pressure, i think i might pass. I know it would be tough but that's how you get the big ones. I do still think he will be close to that 180 mark though

Cool buck! Great character, good mass, and with a couple extras I'm guessing he is pushing 180. I would have a hard time turning him down

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom