Thoughts on Traditions NitroFire

Shedz

Good morning. I have a friend who has a NIB Traditions NitroFire 50 cal ML that he offered to sell to me. Any pros and cons you might want to share from your experiences would be appreciated. I am in NM. Thank you.

It locks you into the proprietary fire stick that limits your ability to tweak loads, is expensive and someday may be discontinued rendering it useless. It is supposed to be more waterproof than other muzzleloaders. It may or may not be legal for hunting in some states. It requires a ATF 4473 for transfer. Here is the Traditions advertising for pros/cons:

At $2.40 a shot just for powder, it’s a pass for me. And they have a monopoly on the powder.

And even with BH 209 backordered, you can generally get another powder. If these cartridges are backordered, you are screwed.

Last edited:
Interesting but... I like to play with my loads too much to fall in love with a proprietary system like this.

I would pass on the Traditions Nitrofire for all reasons stated above. You would be locking yourself to a shooting system that'll likely not be around in another year or so.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom