THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 1st archery elk for me, will be fun. Fianlly got my november muley tag in the mail today.

I'm sacrificing the first couple of weeks of elk season to try and tag a monster muley I found this past weekend. That be sweet to kill a 30"er and bull in the same month. Getting hard to sleep already!

I haven't seen a 30" deer in a couple years and that was in February. Can't pass the opportunity up...don't worry I still plan on devoting 8 straight days to the elk hunt.

Hunt1 i'm with you,I'll sacrfice an elk tag any day of the week for just a look at a beatiful 27 " to 30" buck!!!

It might be different if I had an elk tag for Unit 36, but I'll be heading to Unit 53 from Sept. 15-22. Most people I've talked to consider 53 to be a "trash" unit. I just hope the majority is wrong.

On a side note, it cracks me up that NMG&F give so many tags for Unit 6c despite posting in the proclamation that elk numbers are low there. They sale 1529 elk tags (excluding land owner permits) for a unit that is singled out to have low elk numbers and scattered populations. Are they trying to eliminate the elk in that unit?

Oh hell. Eight more and I don't know if I'm gonna make it! This suspense is killing me. Must have a fix!!! Someone post some fresh antelope pics or something!!!!

hunt1 I sure hope you can get back on that buck. I'd give up days elk hunting to chase em big eared bucks...

I haven't seen them again...yet. I've been heading out every other evening and find new tracks every time. I suspect they are out there in the morning and I hope they are not turning nocturnal. It's suppose to rain this weekend, so hopefully that will encourage them to move around throughout the day (as opposed to bedding up all day because it's 97 degrees).

If anybody is heading up north for elk, please let me know about the area activity (rutting behavior in particular). Happy Hunting.

Now ain't this just great? I finally got the parts for the rear end on my truck and it turns out that it just needed a little tweaking. Now the transfer case is going out and I don't have a spare ride!!!! Looks like I just might miss the opener. How bad can it get????????

I spoke to soon... Didn't find the same bucks, but I did happen upon a 28"er that had two dinks with him. They were working their way towards me and got within a hundred yards before I decided on crawling back out of there. I didn't want to spook them or let them on to my presence.

I was already having buck fever and the season hasn't even started yet, happens everytime I find monster animals no matter what time of year it is!

Just a coupla more days fellas!

I have a buck and LO either sex elk tag for 34 archery.

This morning off the front deck i watched a 6x7 with about 15 cows beating up trees. Heard him bugle first before sun up. Then he hung around for about a half hour with his herd.

2 nights in a row i have watched a 4x4 buck.

Sticking an arrow into something is a different story.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! THE TRUCKS LOADED, THE BOW IS SHOT, TUNED AND READY TO GO!!!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT UNTIL THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY GET OUT OF HERE AND GET UP THERE FOR ONE LAST DAY OF SCOUTING BEFORE THE HUNT!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom