Tick tock Christmas in June

txhunter58

Long Time Member
I only apply for Colorado and Utah, and Utah is always a long shot, so anticipation for the Colorado drawing is the closest thing to Christmas I have! Applied for 3 tags and should get 2 but ya never know! ?

In southwest Colorado at the moment and seeing a fair amount of elk but no calves yet. Should start hitting the ground this week!

Probably going to be a slow year for me as far as tags go in Calirado unless a moose tag or hybrid elk tag comes through. Already got two sheep tags to help out with, and little bro and dad should both draw premium elk tags and dad should draw a good deer tag so it will still be a busy summer and fall regardless.

Probably going to be a slow year for me as far as tags go in Calirado unless a moose tag or hybrid elk tag comes through. Already got two sheep tags to help out with, and little bro and dad should both draw premium elk tags and dad should draw a good deer tag so it will still be a busy summer and fall regardless.
Busy but FUN summer and fall. Sounds like some great memories will be made this fall. ?

What needs fixed?, it's been this way and our process for a long time. Don't apply if you don't like waiting.
I don't like them changing crap all the time, needs fixed.

Best of luck to everyone. I got one 50/50 deer tag, one 25% speedgoat tag and a long shot elk tag in. Fingers crossed.

image.jpg

Last year moose results came out on Monday and pronghorn and bear on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure both elk and deer saw credit card hits on Wednesday. Anyone else remember? Also, do they always go in the same order?

Last year moose results came out on Monday and pronghorn and bear on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure both elk and deer saw credit card hits on Wednesday. Anyone else remember? Also, do they always go in the same order?
Last year I was charged for a moose point and pronghorn license on Monday, deer on Tuesday, and elk on Wednesday.

I don't recall when they switched over to the new system, but that year they did one species per day over the 5 day period.

The suspense is killer. Good luck everyone!!!

I don't recall when they switched over to the new system, but that year they did one species per day over the 5 day period.

The suspense is killer. Good luck everyone!!!
2 years ago I think. Results used to be out mid-May or 3rd week of May.

Last year the draw sequence was:
Moose CC hits day 1 (Monday) early in day

Antelope CC hits also started day 1 later in day...and my points were updated next morning

Deer was day 2 (Tuesday)

Elk was day 3 (Wednes)

Bear was (who cares)

No idea if will fall out the same this year, but expect it “Should”. Maybe all CC hits by Wednesday. Maybe not. And this was the CPW license draw staff all week long as they jiggered the data release so it laid out differently for each hunter.

And here is CPW all week long as we wait for them to trickle out credit card hits and official results. Stole the meme from an astute HTer who posted it last year...

21423023-1437-4635-8930-679078160A81.jpeg

Of course that's what they start with! Everyone waiting to apply in Wyoming tonight and they go with bear first. Haha. Congrats on the tags though!

Of course that's what they start with! Everyone waiting to apply in Wyoming tonight and they go with bear first. Haha. Congrats on the tags though!
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if that's all they released today because of the WY and MT deadlines tonight. CPW could care less about their customers who need to schedule and plan for fall hunting trips.

Don’t know how they can drag this out when the “secondary draw” will start accepting apps on Friday (5th)?

Took 3 days last year. Wrap it up Wednesday, put out the leftover list Thursday, start accepting apps Friday.

Took 3 days last year. Wrap it up Wednesday, put out the leftover list Thursday, start accepting apps Friday.

IF no glitches. ?. And that is always a big IF. but the secondary apps don’t close until July 7, so beginning apps being delayed won’t be that big a thing. Just hoping the draw this week goes smoothly.

So if any tags are returned BEFORE July 7 will they go in the 2nd draw or go in the reissued license pool ?

Well it would be awesome if the deer results would come out before the end of the day but so far since I've been putting in they haven't ever came out on day 1

Moose point and a bear tag for me. Thanks CPW for getting those bear results out so I can plan the rest of my fall!

So if any tags are returned BEFORE July 7 will they go in the 2nd draw or go in the reissued license pool ?

Pretty sure secondary draw will be only for leftover tags from first draw. Any returned tags prior to July 7th should be subject to reissue rules after secondary draw. Otherwise people would wait till the last minute to put in for last minute additions.

I hope this new secondary draw ends up costing CPW more than they take in. Seems like just a money making scheme and hope it backfires.

3 and 20 now for Bull moose.
A real good young man I guide with drew our unit...ill be in the Pie Plant Cow Camp for another moose hunt!

Buddy of mine has been trying to draw a CO moose since 1986, the first year they offered moose tags ... Still no luck for him.

20 pts now for me.....wait 19 as I'm not paying $50 for a tiny fraction of a % better odds. A buddy did draw a bull tag though so miracles do happen.

Either Colorado needs to move draw up a week or so OR Wyoming needs to move application back by a few days ....this is not helpful to guys applying in multiple states. Let's practice a little customer service here game and fish departments

Anyone know if 999,??? divided by 20 will be enough? I may have bought my last point to get to 20. This wpp draw system makes me crazy. Half the licenses will go to people with 3+5.
That's the only way they can keep everyone applying. Always have to focus on the revenue.

Either Colorado needs to move draw up a week or so OR Wyoming needs to move application back by a few days ....this is not helpful to guys applying in multiple states. Let's practice a little customer service here game and fish departments
They got me to apply for both! Maybe that is their master plan? Maybe they are working together not against eachother?

I gave up on points, they don’t add much to your percentage chance of drawing.
I foolishly bought my 20th moose point. Anticipate CPW will make their purchase mandatory again in the future as more and more applicants determine an insignificant increase in draw odds is not worth the cost of the point and quit buying them...

Horniac

I'm probably a sucker for doin it, but I'm gonna keep buyin points for the big 3. CPW changes the draw process like I change underwear. Maybe at some point they'll be worth somethin again, maybe not.....

I'm probably a sucker for doin it, but I'm gonna keep buyin points for the big 3. CPW changes the draw process like I change underwear. Maybe at some point they'll be worth somethin again, maybe not.....
I’m of the same mindset DW!

Horniac

Don't hold your breathe waiting on CPW to consider their customers. If you look at when the points were awarded for not drawing bear or moose it was concluded on May 8th. No reason to be an overachiever when you can simply be average at best.

Since there's not been a second in over 3hrs, I think somebody was yankin chains. Maybe tomorrow.......

Nothing showing up yet for me on deer or elk.
No points update in my Colorado account. No emails and no credit card hits yet.

Hoping there are not done charging. Nutin yet for me☹️

But I applied for a 1 point deer unit with 0 points, so not was a long shot anyway

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom