Tick tock when will the draws post

Completely agree Greg. if You are a public land hunter you best be checking candidates stances on public and private land before you place your votes. The single biggest threat to Hunting is the land grab

Here in Idaho, it was republican legislators who wanted to sell public land, republican legislators who screwed up the trespass laws for the benefit of the Wilks Brothers, etc, etc, etc. Simply electing republicans does not make good policy for hunters and anglers. We sportsmen need to do a better job of voting our issues and not blindly supporting people because of their affiliation.
Unfortunately Dems are f cking woke lunatics in every other facet of life. I get the importance of hunting and the right legislatures and laws implemented, but don't miss the forest for the trees....

I mean . . . its got to be this week . . . right?
I’m not so sure.
I think I jumped the gun. When I logged in this morning it took a long time to update, but doesn't appear to have changed now.

Damn.

AZ and Idaho in one day would have been more disappointment than I am able to bear anyway.
Add Arizona to the list of states with far more difficult draws who can turn out draw results in a far shorter period of time than Idaho, I know they use an outside vendor for the draws now but still embarrassing that they even hired gooutdoors

Unfortunately Dems are f cking woke lunatics in every other facet of life. I get the importance of hunting and the right legislatures and laws implemented, but don't miss the forest for the trees....
I hear that, I still think we need to choose wisely and if a "conservative" has shown to not support our public lands access or gives away our rights to special interest groups we need to make sure they are not reelected and support a different candidate that does support preserving our rights

Here in Idaho, it was republican legislators who wanted to sell public land, republican legislators who screwed up the trespass laws for the benefit of the Wilks Brothers, etc, etc, etc. Simply electing republicans does not make good policy for hunters and anglers. We sportsmen need to do a better job of voting our issues and not blindly supporting people because of their affiliation.
How would voting for the alternative been better for sportsman?

That is exactly the problem I'm talking about. When people dismiss the "other side" as lunatics, is does a disservice to us all. There are lots of good democrats in the world and lots of good republicans. We are all Americans and our ability to disagree without being disagreeable is foundational to our culture. Focus on the policy and position and you'll get better results.
In Idaho, it's been about 30 years since the democrats were in charge of anything. The current legislature is so lopsided that you could vote for a democrat running against a republican (say one who changed the trespass laws to benefit the Wilks Bros) and it wouldn't impact state policy at all. But it might make the GOP candidates think a little longer before they screw us over on points or LAP tags or public lands or whatever other BS the ranchers or the rich guys want...

I totally disagree with your statement about needing non-residents to 'make ends meet'. Idaho residents have already proved this in the past with their willingness to pay NR prices for second deer tags.
Offer up every NR tag to the residents as second tags at NR prices and watch them sell out like hotcakes.
I'm also curious why some folks think that NR hunting opportunity is a prerequisite for mutual support for the cause of hunting? Seems a bit petty to me. I would stand with fellow sportsmen from any state at any time, even if I didn't hunt there.

Back to the original point of this thread: Good luck to all in the draws, both NR and R. If you get the opportunity to hunt someone else's state, show some gratitude and respect. I bet it will make your hunt even more enjoyable.-----SS
That’s a very hard point to stand behind… so no one can ever go hunt the Dakotas unless your a resident, can never deep sea fish in Alaska or Hawaii etc unless your a resident. Can’t chase quail in Arizona unless your a resident. We all have to stay within a few square miles of our residence.. what a sad state of mind. Sucks to go through life with that mindset. ?‍♂️

How would voting for the alternative been better for sportsman?
State representatives serve at the pleasure of the voters. When they do stuff we don't like, we vote against them and they lose their job.
Republicans have a 28-7 majority in the Idaho Senate and 58-12 in the Idaho House of Representatives. The GOP has been in charge of the house and senate since the 1950s. It's been almost 30 years since Cecil Andrus was gov. The reason they screw over hunters is because they know some many of us will check the R box, no matter how badly they have ignored or opposed us.
Voting out a bad republican is not going to change the makeup of the legislature, but it might help get their priorities straight on our issues.

Haha. I’ve done a ton of bichin, wishing Idaho would implement some sort of point’s system for non-residents and wouldn’t you know I pulled a 55 early rifle tag, sweet! Been a long time since I’ve been around that mountain, sounds like it’s gone down hill a bunch, guess we’ll see. The season dates worked out for my other hunts. Going to be interesting hunting bucks in mid August with a high powered rifle.

Haha. I’ve done a ton of bichin, wishing Idaho would implement some sort of point’s system for non-residents and wouldn’t you know I pulled a 55 early rifle tag, sweet! Been a long time since I’ve been around that mountain, sounds like it’s gone down hill a bunch, guess we’ll see. The season dates worked out for my other hunts. Going to be interesting hunting bucks in mid August with a high powered rifle.
You should turn that tag in since you don’t believe in the system that let you draw it

That’s a very hard point to stand behind… so no one can ever go hunt the Dakotas unless your a resident, can never deep sea fish in Alaska or Hawaii etc unless your a resident. Can’t chase quail in Arizona unless your a resident. We all have to stay within a few square miles of our residence.. what a sad state of mind. Sucks to go through life with that mindset. ?‍♂️

That is exactly the problem I'm talking about. When people dismiss the "other side" as lunatics, is does a disservice to us all. There are lots of good democrats in the world and lots of good republicans. We are all Americans and our ability to disagree without being disagreeable is foundational to our culture. Focus on the policy and position and you'll get better results.
In Idaho, it's been about 30 years since the democrats were in charge of anything. The current legislature is so lopsided that you could vote for a democrat running against a republican (say one who changed the trespass laws to benefit the Wilks Bros) and it wouldn't impact state policy at all. But it might make the GOP candidates think a little longer before they screw us over on points or LAP tags or public lands or whatever other BS the ranchers or the rich guys want...
They are lunatics. All are unwilling to condemn the idiots in power and that makes them all lunatics. They are woke creeps hellbent on destroying all things good in this country.
I was at Tractor Supply last night and was loading up some grain and helped a lady load hers as well. Out of the blue she said that she was a loyal democrat over the years and this November she is voting "R" due to her party forsaking her and turning into a bunch of woke idiots. Her words. I never even mentioned politics at all, nor had on a shirt or hat to imply anything.
It was odd, but she and her type will be legion in November.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom