Tikka Accuracy ?

Stillwater165

Very Active Member
Against my better judgement , as of now , my son talked me into ordering a new stainless Tikka in 25-06. I like the idea of the 25 but I’ve never been around a Tikka other than a little 17 Hmr my son shoots. Decent gun for the money ? Are they typically accurate ? And one more question I have is it worth changing out the bottom plastic to metal ? Thanks

I have one in .308. Crazy accurate out of the box. I did put a brake on it just because it was no fun to shoot due to being so light. WIth the brake on it feels more like a .243.
I have not changed out the bottom plate or anything else other than the brake. Great gun for the money.

Any "off the shelf" rifle stands the chance of being a dump truck or a race car, but I've mostly heard that Tikka's are inherently accurate. Lots of guys swear by them so your chances are good that it will be a shooter.
I've never owned one so I don't know about the bottom plate issue but I'm guessing you will eventually be praising your son's judgement.
Congratulations on a new toy!

Purchased one for my son in 6.5 Creedmoor (T3 Superlite). Without much of a load development to speak of, I got it to shoot sub-half MOA at 200 yards (using Hammer bullets). Thought I was shooting off the target until I walked up to it and noticed the cute little holes next to each other.

I have not replaced the bottom plastic to metal. I did replace the stock magazine with a 5-rounder from Tikka. Other than that, I just made sure to torque the stock bolts to spec (they were slightly loose).

I’ve only owned mine for a couple years but I like every thing about it so far. I bought it because I can no longer hold my older favorites steady. when shooting off hand. I can with the Tikka 3 Lite. Off the bench it’s more accurate than I am.......... not saying much but it’s as truthful as I can be. It’s a 6.5 creedmoor and an extremely light recoil. I like it a lot.

All the tikkas I have seen shot, never saw one yet that didn't shoot well. I have one in 300WSM and it shoots good also. Only downside in magnum cartridges, you can only out 3 in mag. and you can't put 1 in the chamber, so only hold 3 rounds, if that's a big deal.

Well I like what I’m hearing ! Thanks for the reply’s guys ! I’m kinda excited to get to work on some loads for it !

I bought a Tikka TX 3 lite last November. The counter guy said it was the last one in the store. So that made me have to have it . I have heard of the claims and I was pleasantly surprised. That thing shoots great for a out of the box gun ! All the way around it's a beautiful gun. You will be happy !

Dollar for dollar there about the best off the shelf gun you can buy. Been shooting them for a while. Built a custom off a tikka action and building another this year.

Against my better judgement , as of now , my son talked me into ordering a new stainless Tikka in 25-06. I like the idea of the 25 but I’ve never been around a Tikka other than a little 17 Hmr my son shoots. Decent gun for the money ? Are they typically accurate ? And one more question I have is it worth changing out the bottom plastic to metal ? Thanks
Tikka is an awesome rifle, we also put a KDF muzzle brake and deluxe recoil pad, for our grandson. Purchased 8 years ago sounds like Tikka went to some plastic on receiver, bummer but its an awesome rifle.

I have been shooting an X-bolt for a few years and cooper and savage, but I decided I needed a bolt gun in .308 and settled on a tikka, since that is what I have recommended for the last 4 buddies who got hunting rifles. They all shoot lights out. Should get some range time with it next week. But the only thing I did to it was upgrade the trigger spring for 10 bucks from mountain tactical. I chose the roughtech since it comes with a 22” barrel and threaded for when I purchase some suppressors. I don’t think I have found a negative review on-line and that’s with some deep digging. Most you find is guys ***** about the slow twist rates

I recommend the bottom metal and bolt shroud replacements on the mountain tactical site. You don’t “need” either with a tikka but there just a little nicer fit and the bottom metal has a bigger trigger guard if you ever to shoot with a glove on

If this purchase goes against your better judgment.......

Would be interesting to see what goes along with your better judgment.

Enjoy your new tikka toy....

I've enjoyed mine....

There isn’t a more accurate out of the box rifle in existence. And not having to adjust the trigger, fugg with bedding, and free floating is very nice. Just scope it up and shoot.

Agree with everyone's comments above. I've got several (T3, T3x and CTR) and they are very accurate with a "butter" smooth action and excellent triggers. Also there are a lot of after-market components out there if you want to upgrade some of the features. Can't go wrong with one. I don't reload so I've had to experiment with factory loads to find the one that shoots best in each rifle. Once that's done, they are consistent shooters and great hunting rifles right out of the box ( Hint: I've found Sportsmatch scope rings for Tikkas to be the perfect set-up on the Tikka dovetail) .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom