Tikka T3X or browning hells canyon

Muleman1

Very Active Member
Looking to get a new 300 or 7 mm looking at these two options ? Any info or recommendations?

They are both really good guns, great quality and both very accurate.

I own tikka and browning. My primary currently for all around is my hell’s canyon long range in 7mm and I intend on purchasing more calibers in the hells canyon for myself and my family.

I own the hells canyon long range in 300WM. I am not thrilled with the way it shoots, I’ve tried 8 different loads and it’s still just OK. And it’s the loudest damn gun you ever heard. I have killed stuff with it but I’d be leaning toward the Tikka in 7mag.

I’ve been shooting a Browning HCLR in 6.5PRC. I installed an MCARBO spring kit in the trigger and that helped a lot. I also have an assortment of Tikkas and you can’t go wrong with them. I would recommend a brake on a Tikka if you are going to run a magnum.

I have 2 Tikka's, love them. I just bought a Browning hells Canyon, and love it with hand loads, not factory loads, yet. I don't think you'll go wrong with either choice

So Ive told my boys ill get them nice big game rifles when they turn 16.

My 15 yr old is in love with the hell's canyon.

A shoot an a bolt, that i got at 16.

But im more concerned with the coloring.

I keep telling him in 20 years you'll kick yourself over the color. Am I being stupid?

What caliber any recommendations? For deer elk and bear

I have a browning hells canyon speed in 6.5 prc and it’s my go too for elk. I put it in clients hands with complete confidence. Factory rounds can USUALLY be found at sportsman’s, right now? Not so much. I just ordered a .270 wsm browning to go with the prc, just love that ballistic niche for hunting deer and elk.

Hey Hossy!

A Guy that Shoots an A-Bort!

And Then Asks:Am I Being Stupid?

So Ive told my boys ill get them nice big game rifles when they turn 16.

My 15 yr old is in love with the hell's canyon.

A shoot an a bolt, that i got at 16.

But im more concerned with the coloring.

I keep telling him in 20 years you'll kick yourself over the color. Am I being stupid?

Hey Hossy!

A Guy that Shoots an A-Bort!

And Then Asks:Am I Being Stupid?

My a bolt aint plastic and camo

That's what im wondering about. I dont want him to have a gun that is like yellow kitchen sinks, or baby blue toilets.

Im all for a browning

Kids these days don’t even look at nice wood stocked rifles Hoss. I would let him wear a camouflage mullet and buy him the Browning Hell’s Cayon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom