Time for resident only fishing days?

wyoflythrower

In light of the new resident shed hunting head-start law (great law btw - resident Grandpa’s need a few extra days before the non-resident grandchildren get them all ?, young uns got their whole lives ahead of them)

What’s the local appetite for designating weekends as “resident only” fishing days or maybe on waters that get closed (green river below Fontenelle) the first week should be designated as residents only.

Whatcha think?

In light of the new resident shed hunting head-start law (great law btw - resident Grandpa’s need a few extra days before the non-resident grandchildren get them all ?, young uns got their whole lives ahead of them)

What’s the local appetite for designating weekends as “resident only” fishing days or maybe on waters that get closed (green river below Fontenelle) the first week should be designated as residents only.

Whatcha think?
I say that’s the best god damn idea posted today!

Better build a wall around Wyo… all the great minds that have made Co so wonderful in the last 12 or so years will migrate north here soon. Biggest problem is the state is so empty for the most part it will take a fraction of the time for it to get ruined

You WY residents crack me up. I was in 37 archery elk hunting this past fall. First few days I scouted out the area and talked to several locals who complained about not seeing or hearing S%!t. I can see why. All these guys were still in camp at 8AM. ?

Would be willing to consider an amendment allowing exemptions for @littlebighorn , @Zeke and @PleaseDear .
Just fine. I have an alternative approach that I'm certain will get me by the guards:

1677542562072.jpeg

I've been able to draw a fish tag every year at least
You haven't heard of HB723? NR bonus point quadrupled applications for trout licenses? Includes a 98-2 provision for R/NR ratio. NR season is 2 days per month (second Wed and fourth Mon). Special license allocations at 10X the price are the saving grace.

It's a joke now but I really won't be surprised when the day comes they do limit non residents on certain waters here it gets ridiculous here in the spring and some places in late fall too. I saw a bill that was already trying to limit nr guide boats i think it failed but its coming I bet

It's all good. If they can't stock enough fish for everyone, they'll do what they have to do...
Most of places that have heavy pressure people aren't keeping the fish they just pound them during the spawn and people trample all over their spawning beds which makes the flea flickers cry

Ok...I'll amend the amendment, you too.

You should be thankful, I'll take a lot of lumps and burn serious political capital for that amendment.
Great day for residents no doubt, it was bad when I lived there, cant imagine what it is today.

I’m for the big game opener for residents too. If anything just for G and H. Your thoughts @Founder?

I think it's worth exploring...if only we had any influence.
Quit Grandstanding and get the Sh!t done! I’ll show up when your highness allows, and enjoy your beautiful place. I’m coming for Elk next year. I’ll send you pics of my big ‘ol bull

Quit Grandstanding and get the Sh!t done! I’ll show up when your highness allows, and enjoy your beautiful place. I’m coming for Elk next year. I’ll send you pics of my big ‘ol bull
Prob won't be any easier then finding a big buck in idaho Unit 40

I could support the first three days of big game seasons restricted to residents IF and ONLY IF nonresidents accompanied by a licensed resident were allowed to hunt with that resident.

ClearCreek

I really don't care about a head start. A 3 day head start is half the season in some deer areas predictable pressure is just as much of a leg up as a head start i think in most areas and certain species. A head start would be nice for antelope and OIL tags

Good idea, that would give the residents a chance to be half as successful as the outfitters. and maybe that would make residents 10% less jealous and whiney.

I could support the first three days of big game seasons restricted to residents IF and ONLY IF nonresidents accompanied by a licensed resident were allowed to hunt with that resident.

ClearCreek
Covering for the outfitters Bud?;)

Whatcha think?

For sure.

And 90/10 on fish inches also. NRs to WY should only be allowed 10% of total fish inches caught prior year.

Whatcha think?
I think the fishing in AZ is better anyway. Yesterday’s catch.
DF9DB5D7-576D-4B58-BE5E-14C27088B575.jpeg

Once this is passed, I see a need to move forward with resident only bird watching days. We’ll also need to establish “buffer zones” for non residents west of the continental divide.

We got a contest for biggest fish. I got one darn near the state record. Never got it officially measured but i got pics.

Lets just quit pu$$yfooting around the real issues here. Legislation banning anyone from UT or CO from being able to leave I80 other than to get gas would solve 95% of the problems.

I'm good with that as long as your wives can't come shopping in SLC. Your ambulances and life flights are forced to land in Evanston. And you keep your "strippers"(meth whores) in Rock Springs

I'm good with that as long as your wives can't come shopping in SLC.
I am fully onboard with this. She doesn't want to shop in SLC anyway. Hates the place more than I do.
Your ambulances and life flights are forced to land in Evanston.
Our life flight and hospital are affiliated with UofU so my legislation would most likely require them to leave anyway. I'll take my chances with RS healthcare.
And you keep your "strippers"(meth whores) in Rock Springs
Almost all of our strippers are from SLC. They bring them up on contract. My legislation would end meth whores in RS as well! This just keeps getting better.

Nice trout Buzz!!!
I agree, a lot less pressure chasing them in the winter - especially at night. And I actually prefer catching trout with the short rod on hard water.
Although we have pretty good fishing for trout, walleyes and perch here in SD so I don't go out of state much.

However, regarding the original reason for this thread - Here in SD there is a 3-day resident only pheasant season. It occurs the weekend before the regular pheasant season and is only valid on public land. When I was younger I was in favor of it as the public land was so crowded opening weekend. However, as I have gotten older, I'm not as certain if I'm in favor of it any more. The majority of the public land for pheasant hunting is either state owned or state leased, and funded by license sales. Both R's and NR's have funded those costs and so not sure I agree that only the R's should get access to those lands first.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

Nice trout Buzz!!!
I agree, a lot less pressure chasing them in the winter - especially at night. And I actually prefer catching trout with the short rod on hard water.
Although we have pretty good fishing for trout, walleyes and perch here in SD so I don't go out of state much.

However, regarding the original reason for this thread - Here in SD there is a 3-day resident only pheasant season. It occurs the weekend before the regular pheasant season and is only valid on public land. When I was younger I was in favor of it as the public land was so crowded opening weekend. However, as I have gotten older, I'm not as certain if I'm in favor of it any more. The majority of the public land for pheasant hunting is either state owned or state leased, and funded by license sales. Both R's and NR's have funded those costs and so not sure I agree that only the R's should get access to those lands first.

View attachment 104463

View attachment 104464

View attachment 104465

View attachment 104466

View attachment 104467

View attachment 104468

View attachment 104469

View attachment 104470

View attachment 104471
Those are funny-lookin' pheasants....:cool::cool:

A lot of good eating there.
You just netting those?
Do those get smoked and frozen, or frozen fresh?
Yep just a big round net. We smoke them, freeze some and of course eat fresh. As soon as temps get up I’m going to do another batch of jars.

Nice trout Buzz!!!

View attachment 104463

View attachment 104464

View attachment 104465

View attachment 104466

View attachment 104467

View attachment 104468

View attachment 104469

View attachment 104470

View attachment 104471
those are some monster lakers!

Nice trout Buzz!!!

View attachment 104463

View attachment 104464

View attachment 104465

View attachment 104466

View attachment 104467

View attachment 104468

View attachment 104469

View attachment 104470

View attachment 104471
Howd that big ol muskie fit through that little hole?? Big fish!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom