Time to Change the Arizona Draw System

Go apply in Colorado, and forget about Arizona…. Problem solved. Then you’ll B!tch like crazy because points just keep jumping, and you’ll never draw that 201 Elk tag, or 44 Rifle deer tag…..

There is no perfect system. I, personally think Arizona has a great Draw system, and no, I’m not one of the abnormally lucky ones that’s drawn a bunch of times.

I agree there is no perfect system, I do prefer preference point systems but that's just me. Always going to be more demand than supply. I am one of the guys who has waited in Arizona and have never drawn a permit but I am going for the best stuff and I know that. Every change that has been made there has made the wait longer for those with lots of points especially when they went to random tags. Had I known years ago they would make that change I never would have waited, but life's not fair. I do wish they would stick with a system and not keep changing it, but just my opinion. We do have the right to not apply but we all know we will keep paying.

Its time to do something about the arizona draw system! Please give it a read , sign and share! https://chng.it/W2mymt9wpC

Eewww such a cringe read.
Screenshot_20220628-225330_Google.jpg

"Imagine waiting in a line at the grocery store to check out for hours and then the store manager started picking people out of the line no matter how long they have been in line or how much they are spending. . .worse yet, imagine if the same person who just skipped the line and checked out ahead of everyone else, can literally jump right back in line and can randomly be selected head of the same people waiting in line who still haven't checked. Sound frustrating? Sound Fair?"

Imagine if a state draw system had a "random" component so everybody had at least a chance to draw every year....

Everybody is being unfair to this snowflake! After all, he deserves this tag. I mean it’s not like you can look at the odds and more or less predict when you will draw. The funny thing, if he gets his way…he would have no chance at the draw. Also, this is just a passing phase, bet he will want random draw back after he finally gets his tag.

AZ has been very good to me. I would love a deer tag for me or my son but, as a NR, I have drawn 3 good deer tags and a unit 9 archery elk tag. The unit 9 take took a lot of years but that was my choice. I am back in legit running for another elk tag in the next couple years so I hope they don’t touch the draw. Good luck to all the fortunate people and I hope everybody has a safe and fun season.

Lots of things to complain about in western states draw systems - Arizona ain’t one of them. The AZ application system - that’s another story!

Arizona's system is as good as any. It actually might be one of the best, all things considered. True 100% preference is now a thing of the past. It might have worked ok back in the olden days, before demand for virtually all western hunts went through the roof. But now it's a dead end......too many people, seeking too few tags. A true preference system would end up in broken promises, exactly like it has in every other place it's been tried.

dude you shared this on facebook and nobody cared so you had to join this forum just to post it again.... give me a break man....

Precedent has been set in all the states. Change is allowed to happen no matter how much one is invested.Seems to me that's the chance we take if we want to play the game.

AZ is one of the best, period. Just apply more places. Work more if you have to, get side thing or whatever. Get out and explore someplace new. People complain about odds all the time. I am a non resident and somehow manage to have at least one great tag every year, sometimes two like the last three years. This year I have three because of a lucky NM draw, which also happened in 2020 with 1/270 something odds. If you do apply you will not draw. The best part is exploring new places around the west and learning something new every year. Those crappy 5 percent odds equal 100 when you throw over 20 apps out there. You can go hunting every year on good/great tags after a few years of points building in some states combined with random draws if you do not care what your hunting (sheep, moose, goats, elk, deer, pronghorn). Do some homework, it does take effort and a lot of research. Arizona is a great state with outstanding quality and management of their animals in my opinion.

Nah homie, there’s no way to draw tags, stop applying and go play golf like the countless other simps out there. Seriously man, act like a man.

You clearly live in a state, hunt there. Almost all of them have some form of opportunity hunt. Or, heaven forbid, do an antlerless hunt!!!!!!

I think States should cater to their Residents. I have lived in Az. 45 years and have drawn some great tags.. Have had about 8 Premium tags here over the years. And 2 great ones in N. Mexico. I think stick to your State heavy and other States are a bonus if You draw......................BULL!

If not for the opportunity to draw a primo tag with low points in AZ, I would have never applied for a tag. So, the system got me.

As far as NRs in the random draw, it is 5% of the tags max. Could be as low as zero. Even with those low odds, there are still some that draw 20+ point tags with 1-2 points.

Many have said it, no system is perfect, but the AZ system at least gives everyone a chance.

As a NR system is as good or better than other states. BUT, the application process can use a major work over. It is the worst especially when applying for the whole family.

Yes, Bonus Pass is up to 5% (or half the potential NR tags) to the highest point holders.
1-2 pass is also up to but not guaranteed to be 5%.
The 1-2 pass is what I was referring to for the Random draw.

Bonus pass, is up to no more than 5% of the 10% cap. Can be 0% up to 5%
1-2 pass is up to and no more than the 10% cap, can be 0% up to 10%.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom