To stalk or not to stalk

Warbo

What would you guys do in this situation? You have private property. Your walking in and in the bottom of your field there’s 4 shooter bucks. You can either try to stalk them by crawling through 8 inch alfalfa or you can wait and hopefully be able to hunt in the morning when you know exactly what the bucks will do, but your not sure if you can hunt in the morning. And there’s another guy that’s going to be hunting the property in the morning. What would you do? That’s the boat I’m in right now and I think I’m just gonna glass and hope it turns out good in the end. I wish I woulda drawn rifle so I could hunt all 3 seasons but muzzleloaders better then nothing!!!!

A flat field with 8” tall cover? Good luck crawling up on them in that. I think I’d get to the nearest edge and hope they are or will be in range at some point.

And…you may or may not be able to predict what they will do in the mornings based on what they do in the evening.

Yeah I should have moved in. I ended up sitting up at the top of the field and watching the deer. Every morning the deer will go up through one corner of the field, the wind is usually bad though to hunt them in the morning so that’s the problem. The guy is someone my grandma knows that let him in the farm to hunt. Ended having a 2 point and spike come to 10 yards last night but I passed them. Haven’t heard if the guys killed one yet I’ll keep you guy posted on what happens

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom