Too late for turkeys?

HIcountryman

Very Active Member
I got out last Tues and Wednesday for first turkey hunt this year. Called up 3 hens Tues and one hen Wed. Heard no gobbles in front range spot I have gotten birds historically. Working tomorrow then free to camp and hunt a couple days ... any gobbling still down in southwest CO? Really would like to hear some gobbling, but they are low on testosterone and high on experience on public lands by now! Durango? Anybody recommend any spots statewide to try to fill a tag this late in season?

I tried this late last year (front range) found a hen with poults super little ones, no gobbles or Tom’s around

The yardbirds are still gobbling a little down here. Mostly the Jakes I think, and its more squabbling than gobbling. The hens have all but disappeared, so I assume they are sitting nests?

I haven’t seen any turkeys in the woods yet this year.

Here’s a squabble vid from a few days ago for your fix. :)

Last edited:

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom