Too tired...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
...to get real creative last night. Thus, just threw a pork chop in a frying pan, steamed an ear of corn and used the leftover mashed potatoes & gravy from the roast beef. Doctored the taters a bit, though, with some bacon bits, chopped onions & parsley before heating them in the same frying pan. Not shown is a breaded pepper popper that I had forgotten in the microwave before the photos.

porkchopcorn.JPG

porkchopcorn2.JPG

...to get real creative last night. Thus, just threw a pork chop in a frying pan, steamed an ear of corn and used the leftover mashed potatoes & gravy from the roast beef. Doctored the taters a bit, though, with some bacon bits, chopped onions & parsley before heating them in the same frying pan. Not shown is a breaded pepper popper that I had forgotten in the microwave before the photos.

View attachment 73475

View attachment 73477
ODW that looks great.

Quick question, can 2lumpy gravy be fixed?

You gotta be doing something wrong. :ROFLMAO:

If you're adding flour to thicken it, are you first creating a sort of roux and then adding it slowly while stirring?

Anyway, if all else fails, use something like this to smooth it out. A regular blender would work, as well.

The vintage one we have is called a Do-it-All, and it's probably the most used appliance in our kitchen. We have two different sizes of the container/mixer/chopper set-up and use them almost every day to chop/mince something. Makes a great ice cream shake, too.

1649269245696.png

blend.JPG

1649269140941.png

Last edited:
First, learn to use a whisk instead of a spoon. When adding to your roux, scatter around lightly instead of just dumping it in, as a clump (my Mom always used her flour sifter, when she was making a lot of gravy). Smash the lumps you do get quickly to break down the gelatinized flour and whisk quickly. Finally, the little immersion blenders like shown work great, and have a little strainer handy to get the last of the lumps out.

First, learn to use a whisk instead of a spoon. When adding to your roux, scatter around lightly instead of just dumping it in, as a clump (my Mom always used her flour sifter, when she was making a lot of gravy). Smash the lumps you do get quickly to break down the gelatinized flour and whisk quickly. Finally, the little immersion blenders like shown work great, and have a little strainer handy to get the last of the lumps out.
X2 on what Blank says. Made it over the years with what most Blank says. Comes out great. My mother passed it along over the years. The whisk makes a huge difference along with the right amount of Flour. Constant stirring helps.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom