Took out an elk killer

mtmuley

Long Time Member
This guy won't be chasing elk anymore. He was a big lone male. We met up at about 40 yards. He was moving fast but stopped to take a look back. Not sure if he heard or saw me, but he stopped. A 200 grain Accubond at 3200 fps works well on wolves! It was really incredible. mtmuley
1003dale_wolf_pic_1_10-28-12.jpg

Atta Boy Muley!! Nicely done!!

I'm thinking that if there were a lot of wolves that big running around our Western States in the old days, We would of had a lot fewer beaver trappers!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Nice Job! Beautiful animal. Good to see some wolves hitting the dirt.

"Relax and squeeze the trigger, They can't
get away;)", quoted from the best hunter I
know

Great wolf!
Congrats on getting the job done.

What powder and quantitly are you using to get a 200 grainer moving at 3200fps? Are you using a std RUM or some improved version?

Thanks,
Zeke

Thanks guys. Yep, he's a Montana wolf. I knew a wolf was in the area as I saw his tracks back and forth across the trail I was on hiking in to an elk hunt. I've seen a lot of sign over the years, but this time got lucky. Zeke, standard RUM, 26 inch barrel, using a stiff charge of RL-25. Over max, but just a little. Had a good year, killed a bull too. mtmuley

nicely done congrats, and thanks for all the Deer, Elk, and other critters you just gave a stay to.

Whew, I thought you killed an environmentalist by your post title.

Thank you for your service !!!

Thankyou for for spending your money and time to make our hunting world a better place to hunt! Congrats on roasting a worthless bag of fur!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-12 AT 07:55AM (MST)[p]awesome.. nice job

"still really sick of those ads in the elk forum"

Great to see,nice wolf!We even seen 2 wolfs in the black hills in South Dakota on a elk hunt this year.Not good!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom