Top 10 Reasons Why I Got Rid of Badlands 4500

BCPronghorn

1. The reported "water resistence" is BS. The pack acts like a sponge.
2. The rifle/bow carrier is hands down the worst place to carry it.
3. Straps/buckles that just will not stay tight.
4. Side pockets that have no capacity.
5. A lifting strap that pulls out on the second trip.
6. Waistbelt pockets that are not sewn flush so they catch on all the brush you walk by.
7. A waist belt that has no vertical flexing making it incredibly uncomfortable with any decent load in the pack.
8. Vertical stays that break...broke both of mine on the first trip.
9. No hydration pocket.
10. Lifetime warrenty...not because they have it...because you will have to use it.

Hopefully the guy that bought mine is not planning anything more than Sunday picnics with it.

BCPronghorn

Boy what did you do run it over with a semi?? You broke reinforced polycarbonate stays?? I'll be honest with you, the only way you brake stays in a good pack is by flexing them horizontally i.e. being run over. If you had that many problems with a 4500 you better buy a mystery ranch or just forget packing with an internal all together.

3Blade,

Mystery Ranch 6500. Just arrived the same day I dumped the Badlands on Ebay. I'll post how it does. The stays broke while climbing out of an Alaskan sheep hunt with a very full pack.

BCPronghorn

I have a buddy who took a minor tumble with a full load and broke the stays on his 4500 too. He's ditching it also. I got rid of mine last year because I couldn't keep the waist belt tight enough. Badlands was awesome a few years back when they cared more about quality. That has gone downhill fast recently. Broken bucklees, broken zipper pulls, broken stays, uncomfortable straps that won't stay adjusted... This didn't happen when Badlands first came out. I still have a 6 year old 2200 and it has been flawless, packed out many animals, but numerous friends have had numerous problems with newer Badlands packs. The warranty is great, but sucks when you need it constantly.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom