TOPO Maps

gb22

Very Active Member
I've not had reason to buy a new map for several years. I have that reason now........ except things have changed.

I want a good topo map. Anyone want to tell me the best place to buy one..... online so I can define the specific area.

Thanks
Grant

Within the shadows, go quietly.

I think the best maps really depends on where you are hunting and how much area you are covering.

If National Geographic maps are available for your area I think they are the best with respect to scale, waterproof, roads ($11.95)...other options that are often good are USFS forest maps, 1:100,000 BLM maps ($5), 1:24,000 USFS maps ($7+ or print yourself as linked above), Topo Zone allows you to pick your area and prints waterproof maps (quality is just ok, especially for the price), there is a company in Colorado making some good maps for some units (NWest).

If you tell us the general area, I could try and help some more. Best of luck.

I get mine from MYTOPO.COM . You can order a specific area and "fine tune" it to your needs. Always "preview" where you set map print area and see if you need to adjust view. Great maps, can't go wrong. Water and tear proof. You can also "mark up" water holes with highlighter and it will not come off. Google Earth is an excellent tool to locate water holes and mark your map.

Mytopo has been a blessing to me.
It used to be that you would have to buy 2 to 4 maps to cover your area because your secret spot always landed on the edge of a map. With Mytopo you build your map to your specs. I would highly suggest taking a look.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom