Topographical Maps

wallhanger

Hey guys. Who do I call to get detailed topographical maps of the area I'll be hunting? I have the BLM and Forest Service maps, which show elevation and have contour lines, but I can't find any specific bowls or saddles with those maps. Where do I get the detailed ones?

Thanks,

WH

You can get get decent ones from topozone.com and print them off on your printer, or have them make you a custom map for $15 or something, but I hear they are really nice maps

I bought a block of 125MB of downloads at geocommunity.com I think I paid like $20 or something and have downloaded probably 15-20 quad maps. $20 buys you a lot of quad maps here since each map is about 2MB. I can then print them out on either my printer afer formating them to fit the area I want or I can send them dirrectly to my plotter here at work and print off the entire quad to scale in color as well. I love it, I can download maps, temp. save them to the hard drive and then burn a CD and I will have them for ever. I can even draw on them placing names of areas, hunting locations and camps etc. Color code sections and what not, its great. You can also do the same with the maps on topozone.

As far as just getting decent maps fast if you are not all that commputer litterate, I would just go to topozone and find the ones you want and print them off, you can also right click on the picture and save it to your hard drive and then open it up and draw on it.

Good luck

Ivan

I have gotten maps from this website link. Look at link called "order hunt maps" on the home page of MM at the left. You can customize the map to cover any area and change the detail size to what works best for you. I ordered the 18x24" map that is waterproof and tearproof and folds up and can be slipped in a back pocket. $10 plus $2 shipping. I was very pleased. Helped me get my buck this year!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Sometimes I'll go to WSU's Library and look at the 7.5 minute maps there. I used to be able to check them out for the week back when I was going to school. Now I'll just study them and use the copy machine as needed.

Got to buy NATIONAL GEOGRAPHICS seamless USGS Topgraphic Maps on CD. Its sold as state set, CA has 10 CD-ROMs over 2700 7.5" maps. bought it at REI.COM $100.00, Print on mylar you won't ever destroy them or lose them when get wet! Happy Hunting! Off
to NV!!

FORGOT-also National Geo-does 3D Digal Shading, GPS Ready and does 1:24,000 scale maps!All are way cool!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom