Tract Torics anybody?

deadibob

Long Time Member
Does anyone here have or used Tract Toric binos? Specifically the newer UHD SCHOTT HT models? I'm thinking of trying a pair of the 12.5x or 15x binos. What's the verdict on these? I've searched and read what I can find but there isn't a lot on the newer version. I've never had a pair of 12's before I've always used either 8x or 10x around the neck and 15s for big glass.

Those who have owned both 12's and 15's is the wider field of view worth the trade off in less magnification or is there not enough magnification to use them as big glass? These will be tripod/monopod used exclusively. If I drop down to the 12's they won't ever be around my neck.

I have loved mine. But mine are 10x I have used them for 3 or so years now. Over that time I have bought 3 pairs of SLC's that I got for good deals that I was going to replace them. Every time I have ended up selling the SLC's because through my eyes I could not justify.

If you are always going to be on a tripod I would 100% be going with 15x

It's good to know you like them that much. I've had several good pairs of 15x. I might stick with that. I've just never had 12xs and these are 12.5x and a couple hundred bucks less.

Wish I could try them side by side.
Thanks for the info.

I see lots of lower class people walking out of convenience stores with their daily purchase of several dollars. Most people can find $600 of waste in their budget. An extra $300 isn't much to pay to not be annoyed. Binos have to be at least as good as the scope.

I look at it as not having a misadventure with the inadequate item amounts to a discount on the adequate item. You also have to consider that as prices of Chinese optics go up, all prices go up.
Haven't tried Tract because I crossed them off the list due to a need for more eye relief. Most people wouldn't have that requirement.

I see lots of lower class people walking out of convenience stores with their daily purchase of several dollars. Most people can find $600 of waste in their budget. An extra $300 isn't much to pay to not be annoyed. Binos have to be at least as good as the scope.

I look at it as not having a misadventure with the inadequate item amounts to a discount on the adequate item. You also have to consider that as prices of Chinese optics go up, all prices go up.
Haven't tried Tract because I crossed them off the list due to a need for more eye relief. Most people wouldn't have that requirement.
I don't know what low class people in convenience stores has to do with optics but I'll keep that in mind. A budget hasn't been mentioned once so I think you might be on the wrong thread and for a new member you're getting off on the wrong foot assuming people who buy something at a convenience store are "LOW CLASS". Do you get your coffee at Starbucks Mr. High Class? You probably just insulted half the members here. I've owned all the top alpha brands and was a dealer for most of them at one time or another. Tract is direct sales only, I haven't had a pair in my hands and want to hear from those who have. You need more eye relief than they offer but haven't tried them? How do you know they don't have enough if you haven't tried them.

You don't always get what you pay for in Optics. I was a Meopta dealer starting in 2006. I only had one customer who had even heard of them back then. They cost much less than the big three especially back then: Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss, yet some people's eyes actually prefer the Meopta to those other brands.
When it comes to optics or even firearms most new companies come in at a lower price to entice first time customers and then as a reputation for their quality grows so does their price.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom