trail cam

chasemike

Just bought a bushnell trophy cam.Read the book two times. Is there any other tricks I should know about. I am going to set it this Friday. Thanks

Nope not really...I have 3 and they work like a champ. Only advice id give is to not set it at 3 pictures per shot if that makes sense...i did that last year and i got 1200 pics...if youre looking for safety for your cam go to camlockbox.com

LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-11 AT 07:01PM (MST)[p]camlockbox.com makes 10 gauge security boxes to keep em safe...it has holes in the back so you can lag bolt it to the tree and also there are holes on the sides for the python lock. That being said...those people who want your cam will probably get it..this just repels the lazy thieves. Make sure you dont put them on any popular trails...scout and bushwack until you find a decent spot...ive had no issues becuase i bushwack and find good game trails. Im in a popular bowhunting area where a bunch of people hunt and ive had no problems.

>Just bought a bushnell trophy cam.Read
>the book two times. Is
>there any other tricks I
>should know about. I am
>going to set it this
>Friday. Thanks

Now that you have your trail cam, I'd suggest getting a portable digital viewer to quickly review your images at the site of the camera. For example, this Sungale portable digital viewer supports SD/MMC/MS cards, so you can just eject the card and start viewing without having to return home to your PC.

I have one of these cameras out as well. I am very pleased so far. If you feel like you are going to be getting a lot of night shots, make sure your intended targets aren't more than 15 feet away. The night shots haven't been the best for me, but most my pics have been in the day. I set mine with a 10 second lag between pics, and I had 1300 pics in one week from a group of elk. I put mine in a lock box as well and spray painted with camo paint. I also use the python locks. Its been fun to hike in and check out the pics each week. You can buy a two pack of 4GB SD cards online for around $10 bucks. I just swap the cards out, and I'll sit with my point and shoot camera and go through the pics. have fun with it.

Dam I had over 2500 pictures, I think due to the wind, Not one animal. I haven't set up by water until to day, we will see what happens. It has been fun.

I obviously dont know where youre hunting but water is a good idea. The best success i have had is finding a game trail in the trees. It takes a little time to find these places but it is worth it.

Not a lot of trees in the desert. I know where to put it, I wanted close to access, until I got use to it. Saturday I hiked in. I do have a question. I deleted the pictures it took. Then I put the card back in the computer, & it says error is preventing the photo or viedo to display. Any one know what I did wrong. Thanks Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom