Trapping coyotes

travishunter3006

Very Active Member
looking for info on what is needed to trap coyotes in UT. PM if you prefer. I've read the furbearer regs but it left me wondering.

just follow the general furbearer regulations as far as license, max jaw spread, trap tags, private land permission, etc...

coyotes are considered predators in utah. kill as many as possible by any means, trap, shoot, snare, whack them with a shovel, run them over with your truck all year long.

Pm sent

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Here is another set that works too.
PM sent

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Teach booty to Hit what He's Aiming at & You won't need the Traps!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

I trap here in NM and use skunk as the key ingredient for my coyote bait. There is an outfitter named Ray Milligan that makes a scent called stepinwolf #1 & #2 they work for coyotes,fox,and bobcats. Look him up those are the best baits I've used other than my own.

Hello,
I realize your original pm was sent a few years ago but I thought I would respond to it because sources of information is so rare for coyote trapping. I live in northern Utah and will attempt trapping Coyotes for the first time since 1979. I am wondering if you have info on coyote trapping areas that you are willing to share.
Thanks and best regards.
Brad

Here are some tips that I have about trapping coyotes. The only things you currently need to trap coyotes in Utah is a trapping tag number that costs about 10$ at the DNR and you need a tag on all your traps. Other than that you don't need anything else because coyotes are not managed by the DNR.

Tips on how to trap coyotes:

Tips on trapping in Utah:

just follow the general furbearer regulations as far as license, max jaw spread, trap tags, private land permission, etc...

coyotes are considered predators in utah. kill as many as possible by any means, trap, shoot, snare, whack them with a shovel, run them over with your truck all year long.
In Oregon there classify as vermin and pest and I dont need tags to hunt them and no limit to how many I can shoot and harvest
But i need someone with experience and vehicle to take me hunting cause i dont got drivers license but I got a year hunting license.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom