Travel help needed

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
Will be driving up to muzzy hunt near Silt. Am needing info on a spot to pull over and rest horses either just south of Denver on 25 or preferably just west of Denver on 70. Any suggestions appreciated.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-15 AT 10:30AM (MST)[p]Jefferson County fairgrounds west side of denver off I70 looks like a good bet. May wanna call ahead but most county fairgrounds welcome that sort of thing if we clean up after ourselves. Just don't leave em unattended. My brother had a horse stolen at a ropein in Denver a few years back. Took about a year to locate the horse in texas! JCF-303-271-6600

Thanks DW, the fairgrounds are a possibility. I had heard something about an area for unchaining along 70 maybe just west of tunnel, said it would be good for walking horses and a nap. Just don't think we want to try 16 hrs with no rest.

I agree 16 hrs is too long. Not sure about how safe the chain up area is. The fairgrounds will have water as well which as you know is key to keepin them from tyin up over a long trip. I'll ask around about the chain up area.

There is a ride-n-share lot just into the foothills on 70 west of Denver. It is the first exit once you start heading up the hill (about 1 mile) No clue on how much room you need for your horses but parking lot is big enough to get in with trailer and park. Nothing really around it would be able to walk your horses around there.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom