Tree Stand Elk

I shot my san juan bull in 2010 out of a tree stand. Pretty incredible experience. In the stand before first light in the morning with bulls bugling all around me on the way in up until 5:00 pm when after bugling all around me in the swirling winds all day, finally a great bull with 22" thirds came in and tore it up right in front of me on film !!!

It can happen. Spent a million hours in stands over the years and that's the one on a premium limited entry tag I've had happen.

Obviously YMMV when it comes to trying for big bulls from a stand.

Cheers, Pete

My buddy killed his bull from a tree stand with a rifle. Bull snuck behind him on the hill. It made one twig snap, which got my buddies attention in a hurry. He reached around tree with gun stock not even on his shoulder and put one through the bulls lungs at 60 yards. Was funny because the intention of tree stand location was to watch a large 500 yard meadow in front of him. He said later that after I hung the stand, he went up it and had the thought of something walking behind him so he cleared a few shooting lanes. Turned out to be a good call on his part!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom