Tri-Star Shotguns

stinky

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-13 AT 02:26PM (MST)[p]Anybody have, or had, a Tri-Star shotgun? I was wondering what sort of quality do they have?
John 14:6

I purchase a Tristar OU a few years back when I was getting in to clay shooting. I picked it up for around 250. For the price its been a great little gun. The break action was pretty tight when I first purchased it but after putting a few hundred shells through it and doing a bit of sanding it has been a lot better. For the price I paid I think it has been a great firearm. I have never had a miss fire or any other issues with it.

Back in '07 I ordered 30 tri-star over unders and most of them were returned to the factory with broken firing pins after only a box or two through them. Very unhappy customers. I think they've fixed the problem since then. Didn't have any problems with their semis other than guys not assemblying them properly.

I won one and even at that I am not happy with it. I have not even shot it and it is turning orange. It is in my vault with other guns and nothing wrong with them. there is even a dehumidifier in it

It sound like I lucked out with my OU and got one of the few decent ones. ishootaRUM300 how long have you had your Tristar. I just curios if I have the orange coloring to look forward too.

I have had it for a year and a half but it started within the first 6-9 months. I should have done somthing about it but it slipped my mind I am sure I still could try since I still have not shot it.

My son bought a Tri Star Raptor this year. He has only used it a few times hunting ducks but so far so good. Very good value IMO. Hopefully it does not turn orange though. That would suck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom