Tried a new recipe...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
...for enchiladas last night. They are made with chicken & sour cream. Added a side of white rice cooked in chicken broth and an appetizer from a new batch of shrimp ceviche.

enchiladasour.JPG

enchiladasour2.JPG

Speaking of shrimp, I bought a bag of frozen shrimp at Safeway two weeks ago. I kept it in the freezer for a few days, then placed the shrimp in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes to thaw them out, and they stunk so bad! Our whole kitchen smelled like ammonia. I refroze them and took them back for a refund.

Sam's and Costcos both have high quality fresh frozen shrimp. I refuse to buy it from the grocery stores. For their deli shrimp, if I can smell ammonia, it's not worth buying!!!

That's good to know. Thanks, Blank. We've used cooked shrimp in recipes many times, but this will be our first time ever frying our own.

One thing about the Sam's or Costco shrimp. As good as it is, they really charge a premium for the large 16-20 count and they tend to be tough. Much better to get the 31-40 count and are better, more tender, and flavorful. Still big enough to cut into halves or even thirds for recipes.

Speaking of shrimp, I bought a bag of frozen shrimp at Safeway two weeks ago. I kept it in the freezer for a few days, then placed the shrimp in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes to thaw them out, and they stunk so bad! Our whole kitchen smelled like ammonia. I refroze them and took them back for a refund.
Sounds as if you got a bad batch. Prolly sat on a container ship too long. :ROFLMAO:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom