Trioxicane, Maybe?

Buckbrush

So for years I've been carrying around in my pack this fire starter, I'm pretty sure its called Trioxicane, maybe not. Anyhow, it comes in a little green foil pack and the actual stuff is a little purple biscuit about 1 inch by maybe 3 inches. I used to get it at Longs drug store 30 years ago or so and the lest time I found some maybe 5 years ago was at an army surplus kinda place. Anyhow the stuff is awesome and I can't find it anywhere. Anybody know what I'm talking about or where to find some? THANKS

So for years I've been carrying around in my pack this fire starter, I'm pretty sure its called Trioxicane, maybe not. Anyhow, it comes in a little green foil pack and the actual stuff is a little purple biscuit about 1 inch by maybe 3 inches. I used to get it at Longs drug store 30 years ago or so and the lest time I found some maybe 5 years ago was at an army surplus kinda place. Anyhow the stuff is awesome and I can't find it anywhere. Anybody know what I'm talking about or where to find some? THANKS
Google it. Plenty of it. In Utah they call it pyroputty and charge a lot for it.
CA1DDA02-F6EF-4A78-A88D-EEA6F3750146.png

I think you mean military surplus Trioxane - available all over the internet (Amazon, eBay, etc).

Go to smith and Edwards and they have a ton of the mil surp trioxane tablets for 2 bucks for a pack of 3, we’ve been using them for years and have proved to be the best fire starter, good enough to were you can skip the whole tinder step of fire making.

Go to smith and Edwards and they have a ton of the mil surp trioxane tablets for 2 bucks for a pack of 3, we’ve been using them for years and have proved to be the best fire starter, good enough to were you can skip the whole tinder step of fire making.
Is that what Chang runs?

I use some fingernail polish and a bit of 700x.

Shoved it into one of the wife's ice cube trays and wait for it to dry.

cotton balls soaked in colman fuel then coated with wax,
instant coffee grounds will also work (throw some freeze dried folgers into a camp fire and watch what happenes )

I learned how to use pyro putty years ago when teaching SEALs how to use an OTH radio out in the field. No, they wouldn't let me take any home.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom