Triple 7 powder

cacklercrazy

New to black powder hunting, so excuse me if this is a dumb question. How long will powder last. Does it go bad at some point?

As long as it is in a air/moisture proof container it should be fine for several years. I also keep it in climate controlled environment so no big changes in heat and cold. I can’t give you a firm “how long” time but multiple years for sure. At least for practicing it doesn’t do any harm to try it even if many years old. I do kinda like to have a fresh jar each fall to take on a hunt.

Depends on what type of muzzleloader he has. Some, like sidelocks, won’t shoot BH 209 If his does, I agree as I love it too

Not familiar with EXTREME breech. But with older knight system BEST to remove cleanable parts at range or soon after last shot with 777 powder ... had this powder seize threads,
Bruce & SilverGrand

I think TXHunter is spot on. I have opened boxes of 777 that last me several years. Always stored in the container it comes in, inside an ammo case, inside the house.
I always hunt with fresh pellets. After carrying them around all season, they get chipped and dinged so I use them for practice. Now if they get wet, they're garbage.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom