Tripod for spotting scope

Widi

I am looking to buy a new tripod for back country hunts. I have a Swarovski spotting scope and binoculars and would like to buy one tripod for both. I would like to spend 400.00 at the most. Would also like a full length tripod. Any input would be great. Thanks

I bought a vortex tripod took the head off and put a manofrotto head on it and it is awesome really light weight under $200. It's the vortex ridge view and the head is the manofrotto 700 rc2 weights 4 pounds all together and goes up 60"

I picked up a Vanguard Alta 255CT carbon fiber tripod off Amazon as a closeout for $120. Found a Manfrotto 128RC head on eBay for $80. Both purchased within the last month and first impressions are good so far.

I use manfrotto 190x legs with a manfrotto 700rc2 head and I absolutely love it. Super sturdy even in high wind fully extended, fairly light in weight(easily pack able for me), and tall enough for me to look through my scope and ALMOST my binos while standing up and I'm 6'5". All for just under $300

Slik 634 carbon fiber with manfrotto 700cr2 head, whole setup weighs in slightly under 3lbs. I would stay away from vortex tripods, seems we only get 1 season, maybe 2 out of them before the leg locks start failing.

>Slik 634 carbon fiber with manfrotto
>700cr2 head, whole setup weighs
>in slightly under 3lbs.
>I would stay away from
>vortex tripods, seems we only
>get 1 season, maybe 2
>out of them before the
>leg locks start failing.

What he said..

I use a Promaster T525P because I prefer the twist legs (seems like they are faster to setup and take down and don't snag on things as easy in the backpack) and I believe it is a little sturdier than the Slik. I also use the Manfrotto 391RC2 head.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom